4.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, October 4, 2010
This review is from: Nokia C6 Unlocked GSM Phone with Easy E-mail Setup, Side-Sliding Touchscreen, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, and Free Ovi Maps Navigation (White) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I came from an N85 so I'm fairly familiar with Nokia phones in general and the Symbian OS in particular.

I wanted a touchscreen phone that had a keyboard that was within my budget. I would have gone for the mini N97 but it's a bit pricey considering the C7, N8 et al are coming out soon.

I've read almost all available reviews I can read online so if you did that then you know what you're getting into with this phone.

The only thing that surprised me was the resistive touchscreen. I bought this phone expecting to return it immediately but the touchscreen compared to my capacitive 2G ipod touch is amazing. It's just as responsive and accurate. I was expecting to need a stylus or my nails to navigate the phone but you really don't!

It is, however, a bit bulky but compared to the N85, it's pretty much the same.

The NokiaMaps is redunkulous, tho.I LOVE it. The last time I checked it out was when I got my N85. The Nokia maps back then required a crazy-expensive yearly rate to use the turn-by-turn and was pretty much useless bec trying to enter an adddress REQUIRED a zipcode entry before it will search for it! This new interface works much like GoogleMaps (esp with an ovi account) and much easier to use. It has all the feature you can ever want on a stand alone GPS but you get a phone along with it!

I specifically bought this phone to try out the NokiaMaps turn-by-turn while I rode my motorcycle. You can't beat an accurate GPS that you can plug your headphones/ bluetooth headset on and use while riding! And if you can find a suitable handlebar holder for the phone, you can mount it and still operate the phone with your gloves on bec of the resistive screen!

The speakerphone is on the weakside bec it outputs to only one speaker so that's expected. The battery does not last more than 6 hours bec the data connection is ALWAYS active (bec of the widgets and GPS). It also doesn't charge off the USB but I can use my older Nokia chargers so that's ok.

I'll update the downsides of the phone as I find em but so far, the last week of usage have been problem-free.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]