Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

2.0 out of 5 stars The recipes in the book are from her website, May 17, 2012
This review is from: SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist (Paperback)
When ever a blogger comes out with a cookbook, you can bet more than half of the content is from recipes already posted on his/her website, which is unfortunately the case with Sprinkle Bakes. If anything, I would recommend checking out her website first, and then if you're still interested in looking at the book, take it out from the library. This is not worth spending money on.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 26, 2012 4:16:12 AM PDT
Your review has nothing to do with the quality of the contents of this particular book. And you gave it only one start???? How about trying some recipes that are in the book, talk about the quality of the outcome, then perhaps mention the contents of the book and decide whether it still deserves only one star or not.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 1:36:15 AM PDT
C B says:
Ok. First, I gave it 2 stars, that is indicated by the two yellow stars on my review. The book had nice pages, made from the finest trees, and finished into a nice glossy paper. There is no point in spending money when the recipes in the nice glossy book are available FOR FREE ON HER WEBSITE. What is wrong with you? You are literally saying that it's worth buying just for the shiny pages? The CONTENT of the book, (which is what you should be purchasing it for,) is not new. It's recycled content from her website, and therefore not worth spending money on. If she comes out with a book full of NEW, UNPUBLISHED recipes, then I'll give it more than 2 stars.

Posted on May 30, 2012 9:29:38 AM PDT
H. E. B. says:
I agree with City Girl in Country--the book says that many of the recipes are inspired by the blog. Why the redundancy in your posting?

Personally, I thought the printing of popular recipes was exactly what I wanted--I'm always printing from Heather's blog and now I can save the ink by having the recipes all in one place. Granted, this book only *samples* the blog and has extra facts like what's in Heather's kitchen and how to paint/sculpt/create like an artist (all things she only mentions briefly online). There's a lot of new and exciting content as far as techniques, stencils, and approach goes, but you don't mention this here. Did you only look at the recipes?

Finally, I can't see how this is a waste of money--her book is less than $12 (11.98) and super affordable.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 8:25:45 PM PDT
Also take note that you're literally the ONLY person that gave this less than 4 stars. Maybe take a look at the way you see things... it's like ordering a companion book to a cooking show and complaining it has too much stuff you've already seen. I know I sound harsh but reviewers like you really bother me.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 10:42:45 PM PDT
Candy says:
I read Heather's blog and am always amazed at how creative and beautiful her desserts are but I'm glad she has released a book to save me from having to print out recipes and instructions. I like having some of my favourite posts in a book format. No amount of home printing would give me the gorgeous results of a professional publisher. I am very happy to add this book to my cookbook collection.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:41:41 AM PST
P. Vallee says:
I'd also add that it's very difficult to earn income from a blog. Therefore what better way to show your support to someone who has provided so much content for free than to buy their commercial product? Food for thought.

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 9:56:03 AM PDT
D. Neilson says:
I certainly agree with P. Vallee!

I have considered a baking blog many times.... but in reality, I do not know if I care to commit that much time. For this reason, I appreciate immensely what bloggers do and give. Just because a blogger has generously provided recipes does not mean we are entitled to use and never offer support in the way of a donation or book purchase. Bloggers give countless hours recipe testing, taking photographs of their work, uploading their TESTED recipes/photos AND maintaining their blog. If we use a blogger's recipes, it should be likened to NPR. We show appreciation by supporting them with a donation so we can continue to enjoy their programming. Similarly should we be supporting bloggers instead of telling readers NOT TO because they've given for free.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›