5.0 out of 5 stars Having a huge impact on my personal and professional life..., March 28, 2012
This review is from: Positive Intelligence: Why Only 20% of Teams and Individuals Achieve Their True Potential AND HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOURS (Hardcover)
I have been experiencing some challenges recently in my business and personal life and I have been looking for something to help me regain my focus. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

The tools in this book are simple yet have had a tremendous impact on my personal and professional life. I was able to have a productive conversation with my son tonight by focusing on my sage voice and quieting the saboteurs. He opened up to me and I was able to guide him without him feeling judged.

The impact on my professional life has been just as amazing. I sell real estate and the challenges in the market have really brought out the worst in everyone. I can see how my low PQ (positive intelligence score) has a tendency to bring out the judge saboteur in my clients and prospects. This past week as I met with new prospects and spoke with my clients, I was able to truly listen from a sage perspective and connect with them on a deeper level. Now, instead of trying to convince them, we are working together to find solutions where everyone wins. I have been able to get a yes on each of my last 7 presentations. Prior to reading this book, I was listing about 50% of my presentations.

I have already recommended this book to some co-workers and as soon as it is published, I plan on buying it for each of my children. Thank you for teaching this concept so simply and effectively. This will be a staple on my short list of resource books.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 23, 2013 8:32:18 AM PDT
aalr says:
wow thanks for your insight. A real life situation. That's so great. These are the kind of reviews I love to read.
What about for people that still don't have a clue what they want to do with their lives? (I'm 26, and I'm still trying to figure things out in my life, as in what my passions are, which I know a little bit about but I'd like to know more, and also if I should pursue passion vs money, etc).
Would you say this book is helpful for those situations as well?

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2013 1:13:56 PM PDT
The answer to your question (passion versus money), is that you should pursue both. When you do what you are passionate about, the money naturally follows.

As for the book, it helped me to focus my attention and learn how to be 'present' in the moment. It helped me to connect with others on a deeper level and to release some of the non-productive voices in my head.

Could it help you to become more clear on what you would like to do with your life? I believe that it will allow you to be more clear and open to the options available to you. It will allow you to make choices for you and to quiet the judge that is always putting you down for wanting to pursue your passion.

Live your life. Buy the book. Use it as a foundation to become more aware of the voices that aren't moving you towards peace and happiness.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›