5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful bag, great deal on leather, January 19, 2011
This review is from: Solo Executive 15.6" Leather Carryall, VTA801 (Personal Computers)
I bought this bag on sale at an office supply store, not through Amazon. But I love it so much, I wanted to leave a review.

First of all, I've seen this bag being sold online for up to $300, but I paid the same sale price listed here (about $80), which is a great deal because this bag is made of real, quality leather. I never thought I could find something like this in my price range.

The color is "espresso." I actually thought it was black when I bought it, but later realized it is a very rich, dark brown color (hence the name). It looks good with any color outfit, though. The canvas on the inside is blue (not pictured here, but you can find other pictures of the inside online).

This bag is great because of the quality and style, but also because of its utility and durability. The leather exterior ensures that your papers and electronics stay dry in wet weather (This is a big deal to me. My old bag was canvas and in heavy rain my books and papers would always get wet). I've been carrying this daily in NYC for 4 months and so far it looks like new (no scuff marks or water stains from raindrops). I really hope that continues.

Inside there is a lightly padded laptop compartment with a velcro strap to hold it in. This compartment can also be used for papers or books. There are three open vertical pockets that can hold pens, cell phones, ipods, glasses, etc. There is also one zippered pocket along the front lining. The bag is able to hold everything I need without being too bulky. On a daily basis I carry one college sized textbook, a folder of papers, everything that would normally go in a purse (wallet, keys, pens, ipod, tissues, etc.), an umbrella, and a water bottle. I don't always carry my laptop with me, but it does fit with all the other items mentioned (I have a 13' MacBook Air with a small power cord. Anything larger wouldn't fit with all the other stuff.)

I would recommend this bag to anybody with similar needs. It's really a great value! If you are looking for a simple laptop case, this might be a bit too roomy for you. It really is more of a "carryall," as the name indicates.

[Add comment]