5.0 out of 5 stars It Works But..., January 10, 2011
This review is from: The Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women Into Bed (Hardcover)
So does so much else. Look, I don't know what guy is coming to this book. I know I have a sister in college who is single and I'd prefer some guy picking her up with this method, than some of the lame things she's told me guys have tried to do. One guy sent her an email, "Can you handle me?" Really, men need some help in the proper way to capture a woman's attention and interest. As for me, I've been studying and studying the PUA's. Frankly, I find Logan Edwards two books, Secrets of the A Game and The Art of the Approach to be the most helpful in published PUA material, along with obviously The Game, and several books on influence and persuasion, including a few on covert hypnosis.

As the months have passed as I've started to read and study this material and started to use it in the real world. I've come to the conclusion that you also have to look at your own personality. I am not someone that likes to dress up stupidly (I like to dress up most of the time in dark colors, usually suede and jeans and dress pants), I don't like clubs, and I don't mind not hitting on a girl if there's none that interest me. I agree with Mystery's fundamental reasoning and I believe you should practice, go out there, and work the magic. This book is great for opening sets. But when a woman's alone, I believe your better off with a more direct approach, having to not win over anyone except the woman. And if you don't want to bother opening a set, there's always the approach of, "Can I borrow your friend for two seconds (in a psychological study, 85% of people do not feel threatened by a time restraint of seconds)," express your attraction, or your interest in her. Tell her you'd like to keep talking to her, hand her your phone, and tell her to give you her number. This book is very much oriented to opening up groups of people, something that you don't see a lot of in bookstores, cafes, stores, and on the street (my hunting ground). It says that the mystery method works in the real world away from the club scene, and I've tried a few techniques and it certainly does, so I wouldn't consider it waste if you, like me, don't enjoy the club atmosphere.

Like the stock market, where you have technical analysis and fundamental analysis, a mixture of the two, daytrading, investing, swing trading, and the such, in the pick-up community, you have Speed-Seduction, you have Indirect Game, you have Direct Game, and a mixture of any of them. The fact is that they all work, they can all be good, and they can all get you into bed with the type of women you desire. The first rule of PUA is "Never get invested in any single woman." Look, if you're buying this book with the hope of learning some trick to turn that "Friend" into your girlfriend, it's not here for the most part. There are some simple truths in the world, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder," so if you've fallen into the friend zone, break off the relationship, stop being there for her, and stop being her friend. "When you can't have something you'll want it more," for fat people in the world, diets don't work because you try to tell your mind what you can't have which makes you want it more, the same works with women, tell them you don't want them anymore, they want you even more.

The Mystery Method is a superb club-hopping book, that if you go out Friday and Saturday every night, trying out the routine on every girl, every set of girls, in 3 to 6 months you can be getting laid on a regular basis (3 months for sure if you go out 4 mights a week). I weigh 260 pounds, I still have a little acne, I'm 22, and though I wouldn't credit this book with most of my success, I would credit it with something.

The first thing I think guys need to do though is get rid of the limitting beliefs that are holding them back. Unstoppable Confidence by Kent Sayre is a great book to start with, Goodbye-to-Shy by Leil Lowndes is another. In fact, Leil Lowndes has several great books that all guys should check out. The fact is that what the PUA community does for guys is gives them a belief in themselves. When Mystery walks into a club, women come to him, not because he's done something special, but because he walks with the belief that any girl in there can be his. In the end the PUA community is giving guys the ability to fake it until they make it. They're being sent out into the world with routines they're told will help attract women and keep their attention. But the fact is, if you watch The Pick-Up Artist, women listened to those guys right from the beginning, the fact was that they lost their interest because the guys lost faith in themselves. If you believe the routine will work, it will work, and if you need this book to give you some basics, I highly recommend it. But the fact is, if you can gather enough faith in yourself to the point that (to quote Ross Jeffries book, How To Get The Women You Desire Into Bed, a bad book that is great for the confidence building exorcises) You Will Not Make Excuses For Your Desires, You Will Not Make Excuses For Yourself, You Will Walk Through The World Without Apology, And You Will Not Worry About Setbacks Because They Are Learning Experiences, you will get beautiful women attracted to you, because, if you value yourself more than you value them, they will value you too.

That's all it takes to have a high value. You must be the dictator of your own life. Don't let your life become a democracy. Don't seek approval. Don't be a dancing monkey for them. Don't be the lovable loser you see in movies. Be A MAN, America's running short on them. Women say they don't want men, they want gentlemen, but how's being that friend gone for you. Since I've stopped being friends to girls that I want to be with, and ignore them if they don't want to be with me, I've not only increased my self-respect, I've increased the respect that women see in me.

P.S. Jan 19
The more I look at the DHV principle, the more I dislike the books central theme. Mystery is not an Alpha Male, the men that take mystery's class is not an Alpha male, it's why he comes up with this display of higher value. I went through the book again, "Appear willing to walk away." A real Alpha Male is willing to walk away. If you want to be one of those people who wants to be a great gamer, who wants their life to be the game, being the most skilled at seducing women, then I guess this stuff will matter more. But, if you're interested in women. Don't be fake. Learn to be an actual man.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2013 6:37:47 PM PDT
Hows it going mate? It's prfound in the way you have spoken about the whole thing and what stands out most to me was the authenticity of the post. I have invested my time as well for the past 7monts and i must say i have'nt been crazingly going and opening sets and neither have i been crazingly smashing the ladys but the fact is all this works and are tricks and trechniques of Guys who are comfortable in their skin and are authentic and have got their life sorted out.

I realised that it is you who have discover who you are, build you're reality first and then start application of all the rules and this will get you results and no doubt you do have to go through the challenges and rejections but that's all part of the fun because once you the complete secure man, rejections doesn't affect you at all. I basically learn things and on the path to understand this things at deeper level and what stand out most is you can communicate with the same techniques to you're guy friends and do the same with females.
We guys like challenges as much as women does, we guys like girls who are confident and approach us and girls do the same. There isn't really much of a great difference for i work in the construction industry and to come across as a Good project Manager, Guess what all this playful, banter, not being available in the sence you always do not return their call because you have demonstrated you're value through knowledge and that subconciuosly tells guys that you are somone who know what he is all about and has a strong sence of frame.

It may all sound really peculiar to some because you'd be thinking " I don't want to know how to talk to Guys, i want chicks" In my opinion if you can communicate really well with guys and walk up to stranger guys and strike up conversation, you will only realise communicating to women is done in the similar fashion because you will be displaying the same Muscular Energy and the only thing you have to add is the interest in her as a partner.

Anyways all the best in you're future endeavours and it's always pleasure to see rare guys as you who'se perceptions are not just limited to their sences but more.
Cheers, Areek