Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars FANS OF THE BOOK -- You will LOVE this film!!!, November 20, 2009
Let me say, I LOVE the "Twilight" books. Like, REALLY LOVE them. I love to read, and I usually read the classics. I'm a Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskell, Bronte Sisters kind of girl. My friend insisted for two years that I should read "Twilight", but I kept thinking, "Teen vampire romance? Not my kind of book." Finally, this 29-year-old mother of three was on a flight by myself with some time to read, so I bought "Twilight". I absolutely DEVOURED it--I read one book a day until I had finished the entire saga in four days. Luckily, "Breaking Dawn" had just been released, so I didn't have to wait. The "Twilight" books are my absolute FAVORITE guilty pleasure--I love the fluff, the cheesy dialogue, the LOVE--all of it.

For me, "New Moon" really needed to redeem all that was wrong with the "Twilight" movie. After watching "Twilight" last year, I was SO disappointed. Catherine Hardwicke had just taken our beloved series and turned it into a made-for-TV movie. I laughed at all of the wrong places. How Bella and Edward fell in love was completely rushed. I could go on. Melissa Rosenberg butchered the book and everything that made me obsessed with it. Sure, "Twilight" was fun to watch because it was "Twilight", but the portrayal was so, so, so wrong on so many levels. My favorite book had been reduced to lines like "spider monkey."

WELL, "NEW MOON" JUST MADE UP FOR EVERY CATHERINE-HARDWICKE WRONG! FANS OF THE BOOK WILL ADORE THIS MOVIE. Edward actually smiles! The acting was SO much better, the visuals were stunning, and the dialogue was much, much improved over "Twilight". I honestly didn't want it to end. It stayed so true to the book we all love, and the little additions were perfect. I really felt like I was watching Bella on screen--Kristen Stewart was spot on. Every expression, every sad word was perfect. AND THEY SAID, "I LOVE YOU," something that was blaringly absent in "Twilight". Chris Weitz has made a stunning, gorgeous film that lovers of the book will adore! **I secretly wish he could remake "Twilight". This is what "Twilight" should have been!** This closet Twilighter was pleased beyond belief.

It seems like most of the critics' negative reviews have problems with the plot, the story, etc. Well, if you like the book and, therefore, like the plot and the story, you will love the film because Chris Weitz is true to the book beyond what I could have imagined or hoped for. This movie felt like it was made for the fans, so I can understand that if you're not a fan of the series how it may feel like a laboured effort to watch "New Moon". But if you love Bella and Edward **and even Jacob--Taylor Lautner was FANTASTIC in this!**, you will leave wanting more!

Chris Weitz for "Breaking Dawn"!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2009 10:10:33 AM PST
I agree with Closet Twilighter. I am an avid reader myself, and my daughter was not, yet she began reading this Saga and could not put it down, and was asking daily for the next books. I was curious that she liked the book that much so I began to read them also. I fell for it all.(Even if it is easy reading and fluff). However, I waited for hours like many people to get into the premier of the movie TWILIGHT and it was awful. I know they had a very small budget for it, but it was awful throughout. I sat in line again last night for the New Moon premier, and just hoped they hadn't butchered this one too...and they didn't. One can tell that more money was used to make this film, but the actors and the directing, even the camera shots were most improved. They stayed true to the book for the most part, and some of the characters were better developed. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I just hope they stay on track for the next two. : )

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2009 2:46:43 AM PST
P. J. Yanzer says:
I am so very glad to be in the company of Twilight Saga fans who felt the first movie lacked horribly. Knowing that New Moon is more true to the book makes the wait worth while. I am an avid fan of the books and have lost count after 20 times of reading them. Thank you for your post and I agree with Closet Twilighter, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2009 2:53:45 PM PST
I completely agree with you guys that this movie redeemed Twilight! I was so disapointed with the first film because the entire love story was rushed and missed. New Moon stayed true to the book and the additions helped the transition into a movie. The special effects were phenomenal and there were enough love scenes between Bella and Edward to satisfy this fan. I still think the books are much better but this is a very good adaptation. I vote for the same director for Breaking Dawn!

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 3:07:00 PM PST
kkuyke01 says:
Haha I thought I was the only one who felt twilight should be redone (not that I haven't watched it a hundred times anyways). I agree with your entire review :) new moon was great and much truer to the book.

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 3:34:53 PM PST
PinkiexLi says:
I totally agree with you guys!!! After watching New Moon, Twilight in hindsight is awful! In Twilight you have to put up with weird facial expressions from Rob and Kristen. In New Moon, everyone seemed to be more natural. I loved it!!! Can't wait for the DVD!

Posted on Nov 24, 2009 9:50:46 PM PST
I say "Amen" to this Closet Twilighter's review! My sentiments exactly. Thanks for expressing these facts and your review. They hit the nail on the head!

Posted on Nov 25, 2009 1:38:06 PM PST
Cynda Bell says:
Right on! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 2:02:46 PM PST
Shanarha says:
I couldn't have said it better myself! I'm so glad to see I'm not the only adult "closet twilighter" out there. Sure it's fluff--a romance novel with fangs-- but it's the perfect mind candy for the romantic girl inside. And where Twilight totally failed, the new movie succeeded in doing justice to New Moon. I'm ready to buy it on blu ray as soon as it's out.

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 5:37:19 PM PST
Very well-spoken. I couldn't agree more with Closet Twilighter's feedback! Twilight, movie, was totally sub par. Acting and special effects were NOT good. Nor did the movie follow the book! New Moon had way better acting, special effects, AND, it actually followed the movie!!

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 9:24:42 PM PST
S. Bryan says:
I'm also a mother of three and had to be pushed into the "Twilight" books and also loved them. You hit it on the nose. The first movie sucked and I'm waiting for the second to come out to see again. (I was on the front row next to the wall getting motion sickness...didn't get much out of the movie the first time!! But what I saw was much better than the first one.) I wish that someone could remake "Twilight" :(.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›