157 of 162 people found the following review helpful
New Sony HX30V is improvement on HX9V
, May 5, 2012
This review is from: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 20x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (Black) (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I received the new Sony DSC-HX30V/B yesterday from Amazon. Like the Wifi module built into the camera. Tested sending pictures to my Galaxy Nexus and it worked great! I had the HX9V. The HX30V/B is faster and more responsive. New picture effects are ok, not great. Video looks amazing; better than the HX9V. Very disappointed that it did not include the wireless battery charger. As I write this post, it is still listed in the specs on Amazon's website. Deal breaker? no. But do not like being mislead either. Is it worth the extra $20 (compared to HX20V) for the Wifi? Yes.
- Movie button is easier to start (compared to HX9V) and not lag
- When reviewing pictures, very responsive and populates the pictures quickly
- Wifi built in with WiFi sharing (camera to phone, camera to tv, camera to computer)
- Tog wheel is easier to turn (compared to HX9V)
- Display screen is beautiful and crisp.
- Improved focus speed and 20x optical magnification
- GPS (works great with Google Earth/maps)
- Video, for a point and shoot camera, is awesome! Looks great on HDTV.
- Stereo microphones seem improved over HX9V
Not a fan of:
- misleading advertising concerning "Wireless battery charging is available with the included multi-station dock"
- added picture effects could be better. You can alter them on the computer for the same effect. Would like to see miniature mode for making movies.
Great camera! Lots of features! Amazing picture quality in image and movie mode. If you need a new camera, buy this camera. If you want to save a few bucks, get the Sony HX20V. Same camera without the Wifi.
Peace and much love,
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?