Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Wiring is self evident, July 18, 2012
First I should state that this unit is very easy for anyone with basic automotive wiring knowledge to install. What that means is, you should need no instructions, the wiring is self evident. Because of that the instructions that come with the unit are very brief.

I purchased the package consisting of the monitor, the E363 camera and the Koolertron license plate camera. There is no comparison between the cameras, the E363 with 170 degree viewing angle wins. I have a 2007 Honda CRV and I mounted the camera low under the rear bumper and the view from the camera is just amazing. I then ran the wiring into the spare tire well and made my connections in that area. There is an ignition activated power outlet on the left rear wall that I used for the power source running everything all the time while driving. Snaking the single cable which contains the video signal and power wire up to the front was relatively easy, tucking the cable under the trim.

The monitor is very nice, I found the picture quite pleasing. I mounted it with nylon straps via the AC vent over my radio, which I never use. The single cable from the monitor is all that is required, it contains the wiring for the two video inputs and power, snaking it around was quite easy. It plugs into a longer harness that connects to the cable coming from the camera. The monitor has brightness and contrast controls along with the ability to flip the picture left or right, up or down so it accommodates the camera no matter what. As one might expect the monitor is always on, that is, anytime you turn the key it automatically comes on. You do not have to punch the on-off button every time.

Backing up at night is adequate because of the built in vehicle back up lights. The E363 camera has no infrared LED's.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 4, 2013 2:43:28 PM PST
Mr. Isotope says:
Hello,

I have a similar setup to yours - two cameras and this monitor. The problem that I am having is that a set of colored lines appears on the screen at all times - probably for judging distance. However, they are there in both video sources and I cannot remove them. Do you have this problem? I haven't seen any reviewer mention it and the instructions don't mention the lines either. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 4:03:38 PM PST
RosieAndMe says:
Those lines are considered a "feature" and I do not know of any way to remove them. They are there to give an indication of the distance between the rear of the vehicle and what ever is behind the vehicle. So this would limit the cameras to back up use only. I was thinking about putting one in an owl box because they are cheap and very wide angle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:00:39 AM PST
Mr. Isotope says:
OK well that was my conclusion as well - so I can't understand how all of these reviewers on here are watching movies on this screen or using it for other purposes other than a backup camera. It would drive me nuts to watch a movie on a screen with these lines. At any rate, now I know it is a "feature" and not a defective unit. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2013 6:25:55 PM PST
J. Perry says:
thats built into the cameras, there is no way to remove it aside from buying a camera that doesent use that

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2013 4:36:54 AM PDT
Mondoman says:
Mr. I - the lines are from the camera(s), not from the monitor. If you hook up a DVD player, there won't be any lines in its image.

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 5:51:59 PM PDT
I don't understand where you say "Snaking the single cable which contains the video signal and power wire up to the front was relatively easy". I think there is only one cable that goes from the camera up to where the monitor is located and that cable contains only the video signal - not power. Is that right? Am I missing something here?

When I got the unit I tested it all out from the back of the vehicle and it worked fine. But now that I've got everything installed and hooked up, the monitor lights up but there is no signal from the camera. I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing differently as far as power and signal cable connections, and why it won't work. I wish I had a spare camera so I could check to see if the camera somehow died.

Anyway, when I read about bringing the signal and power from the camera to the monitor, I had to ask...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›