Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Kids Halloween

5.0 out of 5 stars Response to "Bostonian", August 3, 2011
This review is from: Ezyroller Blue Ride On (Toy)
Hi This is Denis. I am the creator and manufacturer of the Ezyroller. I initially designed and manufactured my Ezyroller in my garage in Auckland, New Zealand for my boys (they are on the pictures on the box); so first of all I want to say that I would never have designed anything for them if it was dangerous. They still play on them (they are now 8 and 9) so I see them used in a lot of different situations. I am not sure I understand your comment about tipping and fingers getting caught because my Ezyroller is actually very stable and in fact purposefully designed low to the ground ensuring stability and resistance to tipping. The instructions clearly state that Ezyrollers are to be used on smooth flat surfaces which ensures the Ezyroller ride is a safe and stable experience for kids. It is however a mobility toy, and like all mobility toys that move, there is a always a slight risk that children might push the toy to its limits by riding on steep or unpredictable surfaces but I write all over my product (on its packaging, in the instructions) never to do that. This for me, are the only conditions in which the ezyroller could be deemed unstable.

The position of the hands is close to the ground as well but hands are supposed to be placed on the hand grips which are purposefully raised at one end so that they sloop away from the ground. These grips are designed as well to be not only prominent but to work ergonomically with where kids naturally want to place their hands while riding. All the kids that buy and ride Ezyrollers, naturally place their hands on the grips designed for them.

I am very curious to understand the problem you had with the wheel assembly because there is actually no wheel assembly per se since it assembled in the box. Then I write in the instructions not to put the hands/finger near the wheels in any case, tipping or not tipping so again I am not sure how these problems occurred. Obviously it would great if you can send me a video showing me what is happening.

My Ezyroller is one of the most awarded ride-on toys of all times and has won most of the best independent toy awards on the planet (from the US, Germany and the UK), awarded by both consumers or retailers (you have the list on my website).
I am always looking at improving my product and looking for customers feedback. I could have missed something and I'm sorry if I did but so would have the nearly 100 other reviewers on amazon that have posted positive or very positive reviews so far.
My Ezyroller is a cool mobility toy that has been recognized as one of the best ride-ons on the market and I really stand by my product. If you want to talk about it you will find all my details on my website.
Thanks and talk to you soon.

[Add comment]
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2011 8:33:00 AM PDT
Do you know if or where we can findone for adults? Thanks :)

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 1:39:57 PM PDT
bostonian says:
Thanks for your response, Denis. My son was injured while riding a new EZ Roller on a smooth flat concrete surface. The instability is speed and geometry related. He found the Ezy Roller fun and was great at maneuvering the vehicle quickly. The instability is simply related to the placement of the wheels in a sustained turn and the rider's tendency to lean forward and into a turn. The injuries occur when a hand is instinctively removed from the grips and placed to break the inward fall as the vehicle suddenly flips.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 3:36:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2012 4:52:12 PM PDT
Denis Allais says:
Hi, thanks for your response. What do you mean by "vehicle suddenly flips". On a smooth flat surface, it it hard to get it to jump or flip. Also if I understand you well, your son then went forward and fell on his hand on the floor? so nothing that is related to the wheel or the frame, correct? If you could let me know that would be great. Thanks and talk to you soon. Denis

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 10:06:59 PM PDT
Grace B. says:
Denis do you have for adults .?

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 7:56:02 PM PST
Suzanne A. says:
I need one for an adult. Is there one suitable for someone who is about 5'6"?

Posted on May 4, 2014 7:33:00 AM PDT
CMS1 says:
I bought 3 of these recently; one for my daughter 6 and 2 for my twin boys 4. We have had numerous injuries, including scraped hands because they are on the sides and if they get too close to a wall or each other, fingers are pinched and hands are scraped. The ezy roller tips if the corners are taken too sharply and my son fell on the side of his head and and his hand (holding the hand grip). Fortunately, he had his helmut on. His knuckles and cheek were scraped, however. Finally, my daughter pinched her leg between the "pedal" and central bar when trying to get off of it. That was probably the worst of the injury because her leg bruised under the skin on her calf muscle. All in all, they are having fun with them, but the injuries are pretty regular. My fear is that there are more significant injuries to come.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2015 1:35:45 PM PDT
EZPenis says:
I agree, my son scraped up his face very badly when the ezy roller flipped on a sharp turn. He too put his hands out to brace himself which is instinct but thank God he was wearing a helmet. His hands were pretty bloody as well after the fall. We sent the ezy roller back to amazon after this event and even though it was over two months since we purchased it, they issued us a full refund for the item and for shipping both ways.

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 12:06:46 PM PDT
I purchased EZY Roller for my grandchildren ages 4-9. They all LOVE IT!!! They take turns riding in and have actually worn out the wheel which is attached to the brake. Where and how can we purchase replacement wheels? The model we have is EZR4R. We had had no accidents with this product and recommend it highly to our friends who are looking for toys for their grandchildren.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2015 4:52:36 PM PDT
Denis Allais says:
Hi Ann,
thanks for your feedback! you can use standard scooter wheels in 4x1" (100x24 mm) that you can find online or in good sport shops. You can also find them on the website!

‹ Previous 1 Next ›