2.0 out of 5 stars Not for my foot, April 16, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Nimbus 15 Running Shoe (Shoes)
I was so excited to get my new pair of Asics, but alas, it's not for my foot. I wore it one hour around the house and my feet felt like they're burning. I have:

High arch
Wide toe-box

I thought this shoe with its plentiful cushioning would be right, but I wouldn't take a chance on something that hurts after a half hour, so I sent them back. I'm sure the shoe would make plenty of other feet happy though :-} It's quite cute looking. More pink than I expected from the picture, but very stylish that way.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 17, 2013 9:23:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2013 9:24:02 AM PDT
zipslc says:
I also have a wide foot and high arch. I bought the Gel-Nimbus 12 baout 2 years ago and they work very well for me. I would like to purchase the Gel 15 but I am wondering, is the shoe you bought a B-medium width? Mine are a wide width and they are very comfortable.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2013 1:23:19 PM PDT
Frieda says:
I ordered a wide. If I were to do it over, I would order a size up. Asics may run a little tight.

Posted on May 19, 2013 9:36:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2013 9:37:47 AM PDT
glowbug says:
If I were you... do you know what kind of foot you are? This is a NEUTRAL shoe. Suggestion is to
go into a Running store and find out what kind of feet you are. If you are an Over Pronater this shoe
wouldn't work for you.

I was tested as a Neutral and I've put on 48 miles on these already and they are perfect.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2013 11:57:25 AM PDT
zipslc says:
I went to a much respected running store in Salt Lake and was told that Asics are the narrowest of women's running shoes. Hence the wide was the solution in the Nimbus. I have since switched to the Brooks Ghost 5 and I absolutely love them! They are perfect for my wide neutral shoe needs and I wear a medium width in the Brooks.

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 5:05:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 27, 2013 8:16:20 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 6:21:06 PM PDT
Jen S. says:
I was looking for a cross trainer to replace my gel nimbus 11's (which I LOVE, but Im not much of a runner) and I tried the Gel Envigor line and the arch was too high for me, so you may want to try those (though they are a cross training shoe)!

Posted on Aug 19, 2013 4:26:11 PM PDT
SwissModel says:
Loved the Asics 13. Now the 15 is narrower (even though I ordered wide) and it does not feel as cushiony, what happened. Somewhat dissapointed. Thinking perhaps I should go 1/2 size up, since it is really hitting my toe.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2013 10:14:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2013 10:14:57 AM PDT
A. Wright says:
After testing some sizes, my salesman had be go a full size up from my norm in non-running shoes. When I did, I found Brooks shoes too wide for me. The Nimbus was just right--which I guess means I agree that Asics run narrower than Brooks. I can't really speak for other brands.

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 10:08:57 PM PDT
One time I bought a stability shoe on an employee's recommendation (he was wrong...), and had a similar burning pain up the outside of one of my legs. Found out a stability shoe is for over pronaters. I wonder what your pronation is? I under-pronate on one foot and am neutralish on the other. At running stores they'll put you on a treadmill and video your feet from behind to see how they roll and tell you.

Also, maybe try buying men's running shoes? I often find them far more comfortable and they usually have a bigger toe box, and are wider. They aren't as cute, but I often buy them anyway because I have high arches, long toes, and a wide foot as well as some arthritis and it's better than getting old people shoes. I find that the insert I have to use fits better in men's shoes as well. I know I also used to have good luck with Reeboks when I was younger, so that brand may be worth a look.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›