Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, No issues., November 1, 2012
This review is from: Sony Xperia P LT22i-BK Unlocked Phone with 8 MP Camera, Android 2.3 OS, Dual-Core Processor, and 4-Inch Touchscreen--U.S.Warranty (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Second week using this phone since I received it. I am very satisfied with this phone. Everything works without a flaw, even after ICS. Great display, sound, and very fast. HDMI connection to my TV is great (purchased the cheap $3 micro HDMI cable here on amazon). No expandable memory slot but it has more than enough memory for me. The battery cannot be removed and people complain about its poor battery life. The battery life is amazing. I charge it every night, but even with moderate videos and 3D gaming, by the time I charge it there is 60% or more life left. I noticed under the phone's settings it allows NFC which allows the phone to exchange data with another phone just by touching them. I have not had a chance to try that yet.

The phone is only 3G which is fine for me. Data bandwidth is 3mbps+ using speedtest in my area. 4G phones seem to burn battery life faster and I really don't need 4G at this point.

Sony phones have outlasted and out performed every LG, Samsung or Motorola I have owned and have specially beaten the other companies at the price point. The technology of the Xperia line of products seem to also stay ahead of the competition. I am slowly becoming a diehard Sony customer.

I currently use this phone (as I have with other smart phones) on the Straight Talk network. Have had no restrictions. I keep my bandwidth each month moderate (under 3gb).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2012 2:33:12 PM PST
Seriousdude says:
would you recommend xperia p over xperia sl? i am . You think xperia p will last till the night if we dont fiddle with power saving options? just using it like regular smart phone.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:44:09 PM PST
The Xperia P and Xperia SL have differences in specs. Here are the major differences I look for.
Xperia P:
540 x 960 pixels, 4.0 inches (~275 ppi pixel density)
16 GB Storage
2.1 Bluetooth
8 MP Camera
VGA Front Face camera
NovaThor U8500 Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9
Standard battery, Li-Ion 1305 mAh

Xperia SL:
720 x 1280 pixels, 4.3 inches (~342 ppi pixel density)
32 GB storage
3.0 Bluetooth
12 MP Camera
1.3 MP, 720p@30fps Front Face camera
Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon Dual-core 1.7 GHz
Standard battery, Li-Ion 1750 mAh

(Specs from gsmarena.com)

The SL will have a better display in terms of resolution, faster processor, faster bluetooth data transfer, higher resolution camera, higher capacity battery and twice the storage. There are various other differences listed on the website my specs came from. In the end it depends on what specs better suit you and what is your budget.

I am very happy with my phone and I have had it over a month. If I could change anything would be the option to change batteries and Windows 8 instead of Android. I am not an android fan.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 2:54:06 AM PST
Can you download apps on this phone like from the amazon app store?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 12:26:01 PM PST
You can install the Amazon Appstore app but generally android phones are prohibited from using what they consider 3rd party programs like this and want you to use the google store. You will have to go into Security > Device Administration > Select to allow "Unknown Sources". So yes you can use the Amazon Appstore on this phone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›