5.0 out of 5 stars No More Windows for Me!, December 10, 2011
This review is from: Apple MacBook Pro MD313LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
I waited a month before writing this review to make sure my initial impression would hold up & it did.

MacBook Pro's -

1. Track Pad (Fantastic!)
2. No Trial Software (everything installed is fully functional - no more nag screens)
3. Battery Life (I get around 5 or 6 hours on a charge)
4. Incremental Backups with Time Machine (You can use almost any external HD instead Apple's expensive Time Capsule)
5. Support is Awesome (Nuff said)
6. It's Just Plain Sexy (No more Windows bricks for me...)

MacBook Con's -

1. No HDMI out
2. USB Ports too close together
3. Steve Jobs is Dead

If you're a long time Windows user; ask yourself if this story sounds familiar?

You've got a girlfriend/boyfriend who annoys you on a daily basis, but you stick with her/him year after year because you don't want to spend the time learning the ins & outs of a new one?

Then one day, a sleek, sexy chick/dude catches your eye & you start hanging out with her/him & pretty soon you're kicking that old broad/bum out on the street.

That's me & Microsoft.

I started; decades ago, as a DOS user with an 8088 machine & continued all the way up to Windows 7.

I've got a new girlfriend now & she blows the old one away.
The old one just blows.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2011 8:18:56 AM PST
Karl Tate says:
I agree that the track pad is fantastic

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 11:23:34 AM PST
Scientific-G says:
The HDMI out is a con, but if you get the Thunderbolt-to-HDMI out, it works just as good as any HDMI,

Menotek Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Converter cable (for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air and THUNDERBOLT Port etc.) - IMPROVED WITH AUDIO

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 5:57:55 PM PST
Thanks for the tip!

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 6:23:31 AM PST
Book Buyer says:
I am a PC wanting to move on. Thank you for you insight.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 11:51:08 AM PST
Chris says:
I am also a user that comes from DOS & 8088 machines, all the way through windows 7, but I'm a little reluctant to migrate to mac. Sometimes I tweak windows still using DOS commands, and creating .BAT files for frequent tasks (very old school)... Thought about getting an iPad but I don't need a tablet..

hmmmm.. wonder how much would I have to pay to get Office in this..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 9:06:04 PM PDT
J. Ferris says:
I got a copy of Office 2011 (with Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook) on eBay for $100.

There are issues with the Mac/iPhone combo but none as aggravating as MicroSoftInTheHead!
iCal isn't great but a $3 iPhone app called WeekCal (which works with iCal) makes iCal fantastic!
The Apple address book is a bit limited but a $5 app called ABContacts (which also works through the address book) makes contact management really easy.

There are so many free & extremely cheap apps available for the Mac/iPhone!

If you're like me you enjoy (slash are frustrated by) the challenges of getting your platform to perform like you want & I've found that there's less digging & more doing with the Mac.

I've designed over 100 websites in the past 10 years & was a bit worried that my workflow would be changed with the Mac & my worries were justified (but in a good way.)

I had to experience a paradigm shift with regards to the way I work & it has made me more effective!
The tools in the Mac OS X are different but they're sharper (in my opinion.)

As to DOS & .bat - you'll have the console commands & Automater along with a ton of webpals giving free Apple scripts to help you accomplish tasks quicker & easier.

Mac OS X Mountain Lion is coming out soon...

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 12:29:03 PM PDT
The awful thruth!

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 1:04:22 AM PDT
E. Thomas says:
cons: "Steve Jobs is Dead"

this made me laugh so hard i had to say it....not that its funny he's dead, but that it's listed of a con of course.
thanks for the review! i think i'll have to buy it now, i've been looking for a good but cheap macbook!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 8:49:24 PM PDT
Glad you enjoyed it.
I hope you like the Mac as well!
I love my Mac & dark humor!!!

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 5:30:25 PM PDT
L says:
Alright..I just hope that you do not have such a mindset when it comes to marriage. Commitment....

Thanks for the review. very helpful
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (428 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $400.77