5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, May 27, 2011
This review is from: LG 32LK450 32-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD VA Panel HDTV (2011 Model) (Electronics)
== UPDATE 2/22/13 ==

After owning this TV for about a year now, I my recommendation still stands. Runs like a champ, I haven't had a single issue. I will probably not upgrade for another year.

== Original Review ==

I honestly didn't know what to expect. I bought this TV on sale at Best Buy for 100 dollars off. I was in the market for a new TV, actually my first TV purchase.

After a week of use, I am very very pleased with my purchase.

The picture quality is fantastic. Every aspect of the picture can be customized- how warm the picture is, brightness, gamma exposure, etc. Let me say, out of the box the picture was great, this options are more for if you are very particular.

The sound quality is adequate. Not the absolute best, but it is a very solid TV. My dad's bravia's sound quality is a lot worse so I am thankful that this setup is good.

As far as features are concerned- it has all of the standards (sleep timer, auto-on/off, etc). It is missing picture-in-picture but this seems almost irrelevant for the size of the TV. I am throughly impressed with the number of inputs and outputs on this TV. 3 HDMI ports, 2 regular RCA (red, white, yellow) inputs, and the PC cord. The PC cord input even has a headphone audio input! This makes using my long cord very easy and converter free.

As a note, I use the TV with my PS3 and PC, and both look and sound fantastic.

I am very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 27, 2011 12:57:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2011 12:59:09 AM PDT
Kazi Ara says:
It was really helpful.. Can you please tell me that did you buy this product from Amazon or not? because I'm hearing some rumor that Amazon is selling the VA versions and not the IPS? It will be really helpful if you reply.. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2011 12:52:10 AM PST
P-Dog says:
Dude, in the second sentence, it says she bought it at Best Buy.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 5:39:42 PM PST
Toy Kalibur says:
I have one of the first LG HD LCD's and my god.. still no picture in picture??? Whats up with these guys. I use mine for my computer since they have the best for adaptability and use HDMI without sound (cause I have better sound) but my question is what is the highest resolution that has been acquired from a computer with this method of connection? Thanks if you can answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 12:19:15 AM PST
woodzy says:
1920x1080 is the best you are going to get this tv resolution to.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›