5.0 out of 5 stars I lost 7 pounds in the first 3 days!, October 25, 2012
This review is from: Paleo for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started with the Paleo Diet (Kindle Edition)
10-25-12 I lost 7 pounds in the first 3 days. I'm very pleased, of course. It's day 4 and I am starting to miss wheat and dairy, but will stick with the foods on the Paleo list in the book. I may update this review if I have great success. The bottom line of whether a diet book is any good is whether it works and is doable. I would love to see other reviews that discuss this. I will say that buying the foods on this list cost me about double of what I usually spend on groceries, as I am not used to buying meat and nuts, which are an important part of the Paleo Diet. 11-20-12 update: I have lost 13 pounds in less than a month. 12-3-12 update: I have lost 15 pounds so far. 1/2/13 Twenty pounds lost!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2013 11:59:42 PM PST
S. Gothro says:
Congrats! We're jumping into the Primal/Paleo lifestyle soon, thanks for the updates!

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 11:39:22 PM PST
Were you also excersising? I have just started the paleo diet, and I know everyone is different, but just curious

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:19:35 PM PDT
Congratulations on the weight loss success. Are you still eating paleo style, or have you added anything? It seems like it would be very hard to do a long-term diet change like this. Good work!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 6:54:45 PM PDT
Eve Paludan says:
I just do walking for exercise.

I am still doing Paleo. I've had popcorn a couple of times and the occasional tablespoon of ketchup or soy sauce on meat. Twice, I ate tortilla chips. Other than that, I have stuck to it. Not bad over a period of months! I had my blood sugar tested and it was PERFECT. Other health benefits are no swollen ankles anymore, and I used to get that a lot. I don't get indigestion anymore. I have more energy. I do worry about the calcium loss to my teeth and bones, but I started taking vitamins. I also bought a Yonanas machine that makes frozen soft-serve out of bananas, strawberries, etc and it really helps when I get those cravings for ice cream. Since I quit dairy and grains, wow, it is a huge difference to the way I feel. As long as I can maintain bone health, I will be happy to call Paleo a lifestyle, rather than a diet. The downside is that it costs a lot to eat this well. I estimate $10 a day for food.

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 3:21:17 PM PDT
CONGRATS!
~Question: could you PLEEEEASE post a few recipes? Maybe one with common ingredients?
I've searched and searched and no sample recipe. Besides that SALMON one. :S Salmon... I don't love. lol
Thank you so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 9:56:37 PM PDT
Eve Paludan says:
Maybe I should write a Paleo cookbook because everyone keeps asking me for recipes. LOL.

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 4:54:21 PM PDT
That's wonderful--congratulations! It is especially something to celebrate considering that the 20 lbs. you lost was between late October and early January--THE HOLIDAYS!

Great job!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2013 7:54:10 AM PDT
Thanks for the information on your Paleo. You are very encouraging to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2014 2:54:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2014 2:56:27 PM PST
I haven't purchased the book yet but thinking of doing so, I thought recipes were included, but maybe I'm wrong.
I watched Dr. Oz today and he talked about the benefits of the Paleo diet, some suggestions were given for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert, for anyone interested go to doctoroz.com and click on recipes, you'll find a few Paleo recipes.
Thank you for your input Eve as to how you have done so far, I'm impressed at the lbs. lost and your overall general health. Continued good health to you.

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 6:59:21 AM PDT
David Shaak says:
Does it have recipies in the book?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›