Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too much arch, November 4, 2010
This review is from: Superfeet GREEN Premium Insoles (Apparel)
I purchased a pair of Superfeet green insoles for my hiking boots. The product seemed to be made very well. The size 11-13 insoles fit perfectly into my size 13 Asolo's. No trimming was necessary.

I found they have way too much foam under the arch for my feet and the contour seemed odd. I'd say my feet have medium arches. I immediately noticed that it felt like there was a lump where the arch support is. This lump wasn't at the center of my foot's arch, but a little farther back between the heel and arch. I found this very annoying and think it would eventually cause pain from the pressure point.

I should have just returned them but attempted to trim away some foam to improve the contour to my feet. This didn't work too well. It's nearly impossible to do this Superfeet insoles because the area I wanted to trim was above the hard plastic bottom shell which is glued very well to the foam.

I would definitely recommend finding a local store that carries Superfeet and other brands of insoles and trying them on. If this isn't an option, I'd recommend starting with one of the other Superfeet colors instead of green even if you have high arches.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2010 12:57:12 PM PST
Kin Chan says:
The green one for who has very flat feet. If you have medium arches, then this is not for you. I brought my kids to the store and the sales person got the green for my son who has very flat feet and berry one for my daughter who has medium arches. There are several types (colors) for different degree of flat feet. You need to find one that fit your feet. It costs more from the store, but once you know which type you need then purchase online is cheaper. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2010 5:01:30 PM PST
Laura Maturo says:
Contrary to what Kin Chan says, the green is for very high arches. The blue would be for lower arches. The berry is made for women and the orange is for men. I worked at the world's largest running store and these were our number 1 selling insoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 9:13:21 PM PST
cartoongrl9 says:
Actually, Kim Chan is correct. I've seen two different physical therapists and they both recommended the green version for my very flat feet. I'd listen to a medical professional over a sales person.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 8:52:54 AM PST
JScot says:
Why would you wear a product made to support medium to high arches if you have low arches? That seems counter-intuitive. I would think the goal is not to change how your feet are structured (which is painful- I've worn arches that were too high and it creates more problems than it solves) but to support the natural structure that is already there. Has anyone failed to notice that these are NOT marketed at people with FLAT FEET or low arches? Hmmm. Wonder why if that's what they are supposedly for? Physical therapists don't know everything and neither do doctors, unfortunately. I agree that you need to try these on in the store and see which ones feel correct for your foot.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›