3.0 out of 5 stars Okay stroller, March 30, 2012
This review is from: Baby Cargo 300 Series Lightweight Umbrella Stroller, Blacktop (Baby Product)
Update - 01/12/13 - I've had this stroller for 9 months now (300 series), and it's okay. I expected more based on the price, but maybe my expectations were too high.

Positives:
* It's attractive, and the colors are nice.
* My child seems comfortable and safe.
* My experience with Baby Cargo customer service has been great (very responsive and helpful)

Negatives:
* Already having trouble with some of the wheels again. I use my stroller once a week (generally in a mall or paved shopping center or on city streets). I'm pretty sure the wheels are in need of replacement. Overall this is my biggest complaint about the stroller. The wheels just seem "cheap" in comparison to the rest of the stroller. I've stopped using as a result.
* Difficult to collapse stroller. It is not intuitive. My husband still doesn't know how to do it (I would suggest in the future that they add instructions somewhere (maybe printed on the bottom of the stroller). Once you get used to it, then it's fine (but it was a pain in the beginning).
* Lock when you collapse the stroller could be designed better. The only times that this lock matters to me is during air travel (I've gate checked the stroller several times, and every time the stroller has ended up partially open). It would be nicer if the lock would be tighter or if there was a velcro strap or something that could be used to secure it.
***********************
I was very excited to find this stroller. Finally, something that seemed to meet all requirements that I had for a lightweight stroller at a reasonable price.

At this time I've not had the opportunity to use my stroller. Two of the wheels need to be attached to the base out of the box. One went on fine, the other broke immediately. There is a small plastic tab on the wheel that secures it to the base, and this one snapped off. I've included a picture under the product pictures. Other than that the stroller looks like it would be easy to assemble and of a good quality.

Initially, I ran into some challenges trying to contact Baby Cargo. There are no customer support # on their site, and the repair email address wasn't working. I reached out to them using the general "contact us" portion of their site, and they responded very promptly. So far I'm really impressed with their response :). They are great exceeding my expectations in resolving the matter in a rapid manner. It's great to see a company that is so responsive.

I will update this review and rating after I use the stroller.

[Add comment]