5.0 out of 5 stars Main reason to buy these points through Amazon, no tax., April 10, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 4000 Microsoft Points [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
This is a lot better than doing it through your xbox. For one, no tax. The other reason, for me at least, is that if you put your credit card into xbox live, you cant remove it. You can change it, but it will always have a credit card on file. Buying these points through xbox live would have cost me $54.12. I would rather save that $4.12, thank you.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 12, 2009 6:13:17 AM PDT
Eric says:
I have never been charged taxes on any purchase from Xbox Live Marketplace and I have literally spent thousands of dollars. I do however get charged for each of my purchases from the PSN Video Store.

Posted on Apr 12, 2009 10:35:44 AM PDT
M. McDonough says:
Yes, I want to pay taxes... That's of course why I live in NY. New York taxes EVERYTHING, including Amazon.com purchases... That's cool that you don't have to though!

Posted on Apr 15, 2009 12:47:54 PM PDT
nesto says:

Posted on Apr 15, 2009 4:26:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2009 4:41:29 PM PDT
Patio B. says:
I double checked my bank account and I was charged $13.28 everytime I bought the 1000 point bundle on xbox live. It might all depend on where you live.

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 6:13:54 PM PDT
M. Sanges says:
That is rather interesting that you're not getting taxed by Amazon for this but you are on Live. Here in good ol' NY, I notice that just from the estimated tax in my cart I'm still getting socked with the tax. Maybe there's some sort of affiliation with a physical Xbox Live entity in Texas, but there isn't an Amazon facility? I don't know, I'm grasping at straws here. Before our current gov, the rule here was that if there's a building associated (warehouse, office, distributor, et al) with a company, then NY state taxed the transaction. $54.12 is exactly what this transaction would cost me, and even with the $10 credit with this current promo it's still not worth it.

Posted on May 13, 2009 2:33:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2009 2:34:15 PM PDT
J. Wright says:
the only way to remove your credit card from xbox live is to cancel the credit card through the company u have it through. :( i wounder what would happen if u used a prepaid credit card

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2009 9:55:50 AM PDT
James Fields says:

I used a CC in January to buy 3 months of gold, then in April I used a prepaid live card. I kept getting notices via email about MS' inability to charge my CC that I had canceled in Feb, last week MS suspended my account midway through my prepaid amount of time, told me that I had to pay for the renewal of Live with a CC and that my prepaid card was now invalid. At that point i really considered never going Gold again. it took me 3 days to get the issue resolved (by paying with a prepaid Visa card) to recover my 3 months, so in essence I paid 40.00 for 3 months of Live (they would not return my 3 months I paid for) and then called to remove the prepaid Visa after another day of phone calls, I am now on a prepaid live account using these cards and will never ever ever give my CC info to anyone at MS again.

I dont get it, they knew my wife bought 5 4000 point cards and the 3 month card but refused to fix the problem on their end, I was covered under the terms of use, but they decided it would not apply to them. The next day after getting this fixed....RROD. I swore so much that week.

Posted on Jul 3, 2009 12:32:42 PM PDT
Not all states get a tax break. I can confirm that at the time of this post, NY customers will get taxed through XBOX Live and Amazon MS Points purchases, unless you are buying from a third party seller that is not in your state. However, if you have an Amazon Gift card and you want to buy points from Amazon, then its a good situation for you.

Posted on Jul 31, 2009 10:00:53 AM PDT
FS says:
Here in California, no tax on Amazon or XBL. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2009 9:17:46 AM PDT
J. Delgado says:
You can remove any credit card as long as its not currently used for an active service on Xbox live or Zune. I add and remove my CC all the time.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›