Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Fire TV Stick Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent watch from an untrustworthy company, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Invicta Men's 15184SYB Pro Diver Blue Dial Stainless Steel Watch with Impact Case (Watch)
This watch is fantastic but be ready to toss the watch if there are any issues.

This is a beautiful watch and it will attract attention. A few years ago getting a watch like this in the $100 price mark was a very good value. Seeing this in the $50-60 range is very nice.

The watch is beautiful and has a decent weight to it. The specs listed are accurate and you will definitely feel like you have something far more expensive on your wrist.

The clasp on this watch works perfectly but unfortunately I am not a fan. This is just a pet peeve of mine for this type of clasp. I think
My main problem here is with the way in which it impedes resizing. On top if that I never really understood why this clasp is on a watch for divers. I guess that it is very secure.

The item has not been used exclusively fir diving fir me so I cannot speak to the depth it can penetrate but I can say that it has withstood being fully submerged in water.

My main inspiration for writing this review here is for Invicta. This company provides great value but they seem to be unable to provide consistent service.

I have had an issue with their watched in the past and I have tried to use their warrantee. Be warned that it costs you $28 to get the watch sent to them for repair. Yes, 28 dollars to send them a watch that weighs less than two pounds.

To make things worse, after waiting three months the watch came back and it was still broken. It looked like there was a quick repair that didn't even survive shipping. I complained to the company but the best they could do was tell me to give them another $28 dollars and try again.

I have gone through multiple rounds complaining to them until I finally just gave up. I thought this was a fluke until searching the internet and finding many similar complaints. People seem to say they have sent their watches back and forth without any resolution.

Looking in to this further there seems to be a lot of claims with the better business bureau this year, fortunately it looks like many if these claims have been resolved in some form after dealing with the BBB. Is this a positive note...not really.

So this watch is a great value and I have had no issues with it. Unfortunately, this is a discount watch company and not every watch is made equally. Past record shows that invicta has a bad track record with reliability and their repairs appear to be a complete scam. I would love to give this a single star but I can't, the product I recieved is functional.

Beware if Invicta and their warranty. If you plan in buying from them be prepared to take a loss.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2013 5:51:38 AM PST
Stevie G says:
Glad I read your review. I was looking at a $180 watch at Costco and thought about getting it. If this is the service from the company, I'll pass. Thanks again

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 6:11:56 AM PST
otreb says:
Thanks for your review. I agree service is an important part of the product. I'll stay away on this one.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 7:44:43 AM PST
vc says:
Thanks for the review. It is well written and you points are fair.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 7:50:23 AM PST
Steve says:
Absolutely right. Invicta watches can be great values, but you have to go into them knowing that you are buying a watch with essentially no warranty. I gambled and bought a nice Rolex Submariner knock-off with automatic movement years ago that has never had any problems. So as with most Internet bargains, YMMV.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 10:11:40 AM PST
BuffaloBill says:
Customer service is huge to me. It isn't a bargain if they don't help. I'll stay clear of this one.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 10:21:10 AM PST
broctune says:
I am so glad that this review is appreciated. I love writing reviews and its nice to see that it isnt for nothing.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 8:41:29 PM PST
Methinks he doth protest too much. I own over 120 Invicta watches. I've had exactly 1 issue which was caused by a friend when he over tightened one of the pushers on a chronograph.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013 8:29:03 AM PST
Ed Osworth says:
Your post would be relevant if you had any of your 120 Invicta's repaired under warranty because that is the topic he covered. So how many times have you had a watch repaired by Invicta and what was your experience?

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 4:25:56 PM PDT
Rami says:
Glad I read this review. Customer service is a deal breaker for me. I hope Invicta sees how much business they're losing do to poor service. Thanks for the heads up
‹ Previous 1 Next ›