5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent_"Honest- to- Good" Organizing Bk_Awesome author !, September 25, 2008
This review is from: How to Get Organized Without Resorting to Arson: A Step-By-Step Guide to Clearing Your Desk Without Panic or the Use of Open Flame (Paperback)
There are some very nice reviews already listed, but I think this book still deserves praise. If this Bk got more marketing, I'd bet it would be on the national best seller's list! The writer is a true organizational anthropologist(self described or not). An obvious expert, who's thought deeply about real people and their challenges with getting organized & staying organized.

I still use addtl software and digital storage tools, but this bk has provided me with the framework to know when I may need software and when I need "pen & pad". It's Not about one method, its the method/s that effectively works for you,based on ur personality type & ur willingness to continue using it!

The Bk could be finished in a day, but I spent about a week= reading, buying supplies & developing a system. There's no need to rush, it's best to carefully absorb the concepts.

I really want to meet the author. Her insight on behavioral and functional organization is very refreshing and inspiring. I would certainly buy her future work.

Right now, this is my own personal #1 BEST source on organizing. I find it better than the F. Covey system, but I still use Covey software b/c I sometimes need electronic reminder tools, etc.

Read the Bk; if U get disorganized again, just re-read & keep practicing ...
Excellent work!