5.0 out of 5 stars [...], December 8, 2010
This review is from: Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Colors (Hardcover)
Length:: 2:33 Mins

Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Accessorizing

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2010 9:28:34 PM PST
Nancy says:
I mean this in the nicest way and I hope you'll take it that way. "Chic" is pronounced "sheek" as in the very old Rudolph Valentino movie, "The Sheik" not "chick". You can google the word and actually hear the correct pronunciation.

I enjoy many of Adler's ideas on decor and I'd love to own his nesting tables in turquoise.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2010 2:15:00 PM PST
BeachBrights says:
Nancy-
You are so sweet (& I am not very "sheik"). Sometimes when I do these video reviews, I cringe when I listen to them. I always think to myself, "These people are going to think I am the biggest redneck!" Anyway, I hope you purchase the books and enjoy them. Being that you are a fan, you will not be disappointed.

XOXO

Posted on Dec 13, 2010 2:31:40 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 13, 2010 2:32:09 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 2, 2011 3:54:44 PM PST
Great review! It's so helpful to have a visual 'flip-through' - hard to get on Amazon! This is the first video review I've seen and I loved it!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 8:24:06 PM PST
BeachBrights says:
@georgiana Thanks for the kind words and not commenting on my pronunciations ;)

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 1:09:39 AM PST
Amazophile says:
Thanks for the helpful review- It's next best to flipping through the book in a bookstore yourself. By the way, you don't sound redneck.. you come across as very graceful!

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 8:36:00 AM PDT
Angela says:
What a great review! thanks for taking the time to do a video and flip through the book, it was helpful to see what's actually inside. And the "Chick" made me giggle... No worries, It was a cute mistake, so please don't feel bad!

Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2011 11:27:08 AM PDT
mememe says:
I AGREE WITH YOU, GEORGIANA! I am always disappointed when I find a book I am possibly interested in owning and cannot search through it. The visual flip-through video review should be made available by Amazon. Let's work on getting them to consider providing this most valuable feature...(smile) and thanks for the 0pportunity to participate.

Valeri Tramel-Lane

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 9:35:05 AM PDT
M. Lindholm says:
This is the second of your video reviews that I've seen and I love them! It's so helpful to be able to browse some of the pages as you flip through them and I love the information you give. Thanks so much and keep these coming!!

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 11:09:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2011 11:10:08 AM PST
Saran Wrap says:
Thank you for these videos. So much more helpful than written reviews (although of course those are great too).
I have seen a few of your video reviews for decorating books, and they really do help me decide if I'm going to buy it or not.
I mean, it is a very visual thing decorating! And so I want to know what kind of practical examples I'm going to get.

Keep it up!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (30 customer reviews)

$17.95 $14.15