5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you - This changed my life, August 27, 2010
This review is from: Enzymedica - GlutenEase 120 count - Complete Gluten and Casein Formula (Health and Beauty)
I am extremely sensitive to gluten. At this time, I don't know if I am intolerant or celiac, but whenever I get the tiniest bit of gluten my GI symptoms are horrible. A few weeks ago I had a product I believed to be gluten free and it turned out to have a food starch that contained gluten. I only had a few bites and I was sick in a couple of minutes and in terrible pain for over a week. I normally have only GI symptoms ranging from pain in my stomach, spasms in my lower abdomen, and diarrhea that won't stop.
I decided to try this product because I am going on vacation (a week in Disneyland and several days in Arizona). And although I plan to continue my G-Free diet I worry about an accidental cross-contamination ruining my whole trip. I decided to take a very frightening test. I haven't purposely ingested gluten in over two years. I took a pill and then drove to my local Subway and ordered a wheat bread 6" pastrami sandwich. I brought it home and I was too scared to take it out of the package, so I took a second pill.
I ate the sandwich and started a stop watch to see if it would postpone the reaction and by how long. After 6 HOURS I still didn't have a single symptom. I was shocked and turned off the stop watch.
Since I don't know if I am celiac or not I will not go out of my way to eat gluten (I worry if I am not protected from damage that I don't know about). But, now I can rest easy about my vacation and may even have a piece of cake at my sister's wedding in Arizona.
It is an unbelievable relief to know that I can now not be so worried about exposure to gluten. Thank you so much for this product. I am so grateful.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 29, 2012 8:11:00 AM PDT
Hi!

I'm curious to know if since you made this post you continued on the product? Also, have you since then been diagnosed with celiacs disease or labeled as gluten intollerant? Just purchased the product and wanted to see if you still felt the same way about this product a couple years later.

Regards!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:50:34 AM PST
Coz says:
I have purchased this product and I have Celiac disease. I found that this product helped ease the discomfort associated with consuming gluten but by no means gets rid of all the symptons. Plus you must keep in mind that if you do have celiac disease, you are killing the villi in your intestines everytime you consume gluten which can lead to serious health issues from continued consumption.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 5:21:54 PM PST
V. Bronson says:
You should get tested for Celiac before your gut has a chance to heal. Without the positive biopsy, I've found a lot of doctors unwilling to take this serious even after positive blood tests. You want your doctors to take you seriously.

On another note, Disney has gluten free food. They are really great about it actually. They'll let you read ingredients. Even the Hibachi grill in "Japan"/ Epcot cooked my food first before they put noodles on the grill. (They clean their hibachi's until they shine like new in between all meals/ usages). They have gluten free hotdog and hamburger buns. It was wonderful to find this out in person a few years ago.

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 6:01:03 AM PDT
David Smith says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 8:03:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2014 8:18:22 AM PDT
Bee says:
"It is all in your head"!?... wow! At first it seemed to me like you don't know what you're talking about, but I saw your negative review of this product, and apparently you have celiac disease.
This supplement contains DPP IV enzymes that have been used (and known) for a long time to break down gluten and dairy proteins, thus helping in their digestion. There is scientific evidence of this, just look for it! Yes, there is no cure for Celiac disease! All you can do is avoid gluten. Nobody claims this is a miracle pill or in any way suitable for people with Celiac disease! There are, however, a lot of people nowadays that are intolerant to gluten, or just sensitive to gluten, and to those people a product containing DPP IV can make a big difference in the symptoms they will experience afterwards.
I love negative reviews, they are important to try and make an educated choice, but don't try to turn people away from something that could help them with facts that are not accurate. This is not helpful to the least.

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 1:51:33 PM PDT
SheGeek says:
I was tested and do not have Celiac Sprue. However, ingestion of gluten makes me very sick to my stomach. I still use GlutenEase. I have gotten to the point that I just usually take one a day and I don't have to be careful with what I eat. If i do get symptoms I usually just take a
Second one, but that is pretty rare.
Since I don't have Celiac I am not concerned about the other damage that gluten can cause

So this product is great for me. My doctor says it shouldn't work, but it absolutely does for me, so he
Says that I t is fine to take it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›