Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone or Galaxy S3? no way!!, June 22, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Unlocked Cellphone, International Version, 16GB, White (Electronics)
I got the S3 yesterday, since I owned a iPhone 4S here the comparison:

DESIGN: Galaxy S3 design is stunning, the feeling on hands is incredible. The ergonomics makes all the difference. The iPhone 4S is very squarish and definitely more solid but heavier too (way heavier);
SCREEN: Galaxy S3 screen is wonderful with vivid colours and sharp imaages, 4,8 inches vs 3.5 of the iPhone, after you make the transition you wont never come back, impossible.
OPERATING SYSTEM: S3 usability is a boom. iPhone is good but never at the level of the S3, way way slower.
BATTERY: S3 gets full day + 30% remaining battery, iPhone last till four or five PM;
GPS: Galaxy S3 gets locked in less than 10 seconds inside a building, iPhone searches and searches with no success;
CAMERA: they are very similar, S3 is faster and iPhone is may be a bit better in term of quality. No dramatic difference.
S-VOICE vs SIRI: they are both very basic and more fun than usefull.
USB-BLUETOOTH: iPhone only works with iTunes, no Bluetooth, no radio. Galaxy S3 can be usb-connected to computers and flashmemory, it has easy bluetooth connection and yes ... it has an amazing radio :)
APPS: to be sincere, all relevants apps in iPhones are present in Android. They have better design but they are at payment while in Android are always free. No mayor differences.

Galaxy S3 is an extraordinary good purchase. Recommended for all ex-iPhone users. You wont regret, there is a world outside iTunes :)

[Add comment]
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Tracked by 10 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 28, 2012 11:11:02 AM PDT
K. OU says:
Your review sounds more like biased BS to me. Yes the S3 have a much bigger screen but have you even looked closely enough to actually see the quality of pixels? the colors? User interface slow? do you even know how to operate the iOS? and don't even get me started on the quality. The Samsung, and every other handsets for that matter, feels like a big piece of flimsy plastic compared to the quality contruction of the iPhone. Likewise on apps. I can name you hundreds that are simply either not present or tuned-down versions of the Apple's. There is absolutely NO comparison in apps. Only one I will agree with you is the ability to connect with other devices as Apple just likes to keep and do their own thing. Galaxy is not a bad phone, just not iPhone level, definitely not a $700+ piece

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 11:52:43 PM PDT
V says:

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 8:16:20 AM PDT
This person must work for Samsung!! I don't have either phone, but to rave like this after one day can't be real. Looks like an ad to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 3:13:35 PM PDT
Sorry if you have different opinion. We can disagree on many things. I used iOs since 2009, so I know perfectly how it is. Have you ever used a Galaxy S3???? I can guarantee that this device is superior to the iPhone 4S big time. Regarding the screen quality, you are right: iPhone has sharper images but the 4.8 screen plus almost not visible pixalation on the S3 convert the S3's screen in a clear winner here. Regards

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 3:14:33 PM PDT
The only bias come from people who never used the S3. Try it first and than you can criticize openly. Regards

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 3:15:51 PM PDT
I am real, no ad. Google my name and you will see I exist and dont work for Samsung (former director at Procter&Gamble and Jhonson&Jhonson ... is it enough?)

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 7:49:07 PM PDT
KVN says:
why did you write same review on the same product at different places so many times on the same day ? and why is that you reviewed only this product? do you have any personal grudge on iphone? lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:30:08 PM PDT
This is one of those reviews that is hard for me to believe. To me, it translates: millions of people are idiots because there is a VERY CLEAR winner and they don't understand. Nothing in this world is this clear. Every time I come close to buying SGS3 rather than waiting for an update on the iPhone, these reviews just make it hard for to trust SGS3. Why would people questioning the biased reviews legitimately, get very low ratings? Why is it that if someone mentions one issue with the phone, a bunch of people (believe me, I've checked them to be the same people) start accusing them for not doing their homework???
Yes, I don't like how apple does business. I can't live without jailbreaking my iPhone. I do think of (and try to) switching to Android from time to time. But I find it hard to believe that these reviews for SGS3 are unbiased.
I agree with Thinking_man. It does not look very honest to me that the this reviewer reviewed every single type of SGS3 he could find on the same day. And, let me add to that: the reviewer mentions that he got the phone yesterday, on June 15th review and June 22nd review. So, when did you get it? 14th or 21st? Why are you misleading us? This gets us more away than close to SGS3.
Feel free to ask your "friends" to rate down this comment. I don't mind. But don't think we are "THAT STUPID". I don't trust SGS3 reviews at Amazon any more. I hope this strategy does not spread all over Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012 2:28:31 AM PDT
War says:
I didnt have to read this thread to know Iphone suc ks

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 2:21:32 PM PDT
yanqui mike says:
OK want unbiased? I´m a Blackberry user and, although I love my BB, I´m 99% sure that I will need to switch to another smartphone for all the reasons I´m sure that you already know.

So ...what should I switch/upgrade to? Half of all the smartphones in the world seem to come from two companies: Apple and Samsung. At this writing, S3 is getting a lot of attention ...and i5 is poised for a "September surprise."

Having no physical experience with neither iOS nor Android ...I only know what I read in the papers, as they used to say. The iphone is much better known and reported as are Apple´s business practices such as the "walled garden." Having practically invented the smartphone (apologies to RIM), I find many fervent iphone supporters who are very descriptive of the advantages of the device and its OS. For years, no one on the planet could ignore the millions voting with their feet by standing in line for hours and hours to buy an iphone. An unknown percentage of this must be attributable to nothing more than brand loyalty, some more to the elegant attention to design/form/function, some more to the impressive techinical specs, and another unknown percentage to how there was simply no competition. No one could lay a glove on the iphone.

I do remember, however, that when i4 was released ...Apple fans heaved a great sigh of non-plus after standing in line all those hours. It seemed that it was only when taken body and soul into heaven that the i4 began to be described in the same glowing terms as its predecessors.

Late to the party was every other smartphone maker. Most lost money. Others broke even. Samsung was the only one of Apple's competitors making a profit. Ice Cream Sandwich began to be known and garnered at least guarded praise. The Galaxy series creeped along thru a couple of iterations and now we have the third.

S3 seems to have passed muster among the industry observers ...some even praise it. Maybe it´s my dinosaur background (BB) but I confess that the ability to be able to change/swap-out batteries it a very big plus to me as is the ability to expand the memory if I choose. I also like the opportunity to avail myself of Flash if I choose. As a BB user, obviously apps don´t really matter all that much to me. However, if I found an app that I like, being able to install it without Samsung's imprimatur is something I have to count as a plus. Maybe even more so, as a BB user, I am agog at the capabilities of both of these phones ...and, I am fairly sure, that I will never take advantage of more than 70% of them.

Even being an innocent to these two phones, it seems to me that the iphone might be the superior product. However, I suspect that it might leave me with the feeling that I don´t really own it; I could end up feeling like it is Apple´s phone and I´m just borrowing it ...and if I try to install something they don´t like or if I try to open it (even just to change the battery), I might receive a parental scolding or worse.

As to S3 fans being full of BS and/or touts and shills for a product that might be inferior to i4, from where I stand here on the outside of the great Smartphone Mall, the fervor (which, I can´t emphasize enough, isn´t even in the same league as Apple Fervor) stems mainly from the fact that perhaps for the first time ever, there seems to be "a contenda, Charlie." For the general marketplace that has not yet adopted a smartphone or something other than BB, it has been boring that the champeen has held onto his belt for so long that we´d rather just watch the fights from the neighborhood tavern real reason to actually buy a ticket.

Suddenly, the marketplace has something that makes us or allows us to use our critical thinking skills in comparing something to the iphone without feeling we are wasting our time. This is a joyous occasion for "fight fans" everywhere. This feels like real consumer choice for the first time in this segment. Not to belabor the fight metaphor, maybe the S3 will turn out to be Jerry Quarry to Apple's Ali ...but at least it looks like something worth paying attention to for the first time.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›