3.0 out of 5 stars caught unprepared!!!, May 20, 2011
This review is from: Kodak EasyShare Mini M200 10 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.5-Inch LCD - Purple (Electronics)
Now that I've bought a 16GB SDHC hi-speed card AND a battery charger K7700 for this camera, I love it! As an inexperienced digital camera user, I didn't realize the camera itself would only hold 10 (ten) pictures!!! I was so excited about getting the camera in time for Easter, when it failed me fast. I fault the DESCRIPTION of the camera for this. It might have made a difference in my decision.

Most of the instructions are written with the assumption you already know how to use a digital camera. Nothing for rank beginners like me.

Overall, I really like it. It's lightweight & small & easily carried in my purse or pocket. It takes decent pictures, which I hope with time will improve as I gain more experience.

One other thing which I don't particularly like is that the USB cord & power cord are one & the same. To solve this problem, I bought a battery charger K7700 from Kodak, which comes with a 7006 battery, so I could have a charged battery at all times. I don't think the K7700 advertised on Amazon comes with a battery - at least I couldn't find any description that said so.

Now I've spent about $150 (my upper limit) on this camera, when I was so thrilled about finding it at $89. That's disappointing. Chalk it up to inexperience. Next time I'll know what questions to ask.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2011 7:38:10 PM PDT
lawlady says:
Your inexperience is no reason to give this camera only three stars. How about discussing the picture quality or your opinion of whether there was an easy learning curve. Even a beginner should have realized that one needs an SD card (ie. film). Also, while a battery charger is convenient, it is not necessary for using the camera and has nothing to do with performance.

This probably was not the best camera for you to start with as a beginner since the controls are small and would be easier to figure out on a bigger camera where they would be marked, however, I would point out that this camera is very easy to use so long as you have some very basic knowledge of cameras- that is the single best reason to buy any Kodak digital camera. I hope you are learning and enjoying your new camera and maybe in time, you can repost and let us all know your opinions on the actual camera, its features and its performance.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›