1.0 out of 5 stars Yes it's the same, but that's not a good thing, August 30, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Dance Dance Revolution Dance Pad Controller (Video Game)
Everyone seems to be giving this a good review saying it's great because it's the same as the pad that comes with the wii DDR game, and it is... but that pad isn't any good either. They're soft and don't lay flat, they feel "puffy" and misregister steps. Unless you're playing on a hard floor (no carpet) they don't work well at all. It would be nice if the wii would reliably recognize the better quality pads so that this wasn't the only option.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2010 2:00:59 PM PST
I was wondering if it was just me! I just received mine from Amazon recently, and have only used it once, but it failed to recognize a lot of my steps. I'm wondering if I wear shoes with it if it will work better. I have hard wood floors, so you wouldn't think I'd have a problem, but I do.

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 6:52:32 PM PST
natureluvr says:
I have 2 of these dance pads, and they also misregister lots of steps. The left and right arrows also get stuck, then it flies through the menu selections really fast. I'm going to try doing it on hardwood instead of carpeting.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2010 8:20:58 AM PDT
Thanks for the review - ick! Why can't the wii come out with a pad that actually functions? It won't register with any of my good pads even with the converters I bought on ebay. I hate these crap thin ones - I have carpet and they just don't work for anything past light level. Considering pasting one to a board and just wearing shoes - even if I kill it I'll have at least gotten to pay hottest party for a few good days!! Hottest party's gotten like an hour of frustrating use in ym house, because the pad sucks so bad.

Posted on Jul 28, 2010 1:03:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2010 1:06:51 PM PDT
DDRPam says:
I agree Dennis. I used to be a fan of the Konami mats. I place a thin, black mat below the dance mat. I wouldn't recommend playing this on wood floors. I think that would really hurt :/. This mat is really only good for playing casually and infrequently. After about a week or two of daily use, the arrow sensors start misfiring. It's VERY frustrating. Especially when you're trying to get a really big combo. It doesn't have any padding to it and it's not durable. I own three semi-usable konami mats. I ended up taping them up with packing tape. So the holes wouldn't get any bigger (from my dog stepping on it).

Right now, I'm using the TOUGH universal mat that's slightly under $70. So far, so good. I'm crossing my fingers ;).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2010 1:10:04 PM PDT
DDRPam says:
Ahh, My Konami mats get stuck too. For anyone looking for a quick fix. Try shaking the mat and placing it back down. It temporarily unsticks the sensors.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 8:08:11 PM PDT
MJPickens says:
Okay who makes the TOUGH universal mat? I have read through these reviews and cannot find anyone who likes the dance mat they have for the WII. Is there a company out there that makes a good dance mat for the WII? My daughter wants Just Dance and a couple ofther DDR ones for the WII but I cannot see constantly spending $15 on one mat or $30 to $60 dollars on others that seem to fall apart too.
Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2010 5:09:04 AM PDT
Grimor says:
There are some commercial quality mats made by iON but are over what most people want to spend on mats.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2010 9:19:31 AM PST
DigitalBug says:
PS/PS2/Xbox/USB/GC/Wii Tough Universal Dance Pad and PS/PS2/Xbox/USB/GC/Wii Tough HD Deluxe Universal Dance Pad are the TOUGH dance pads referred to earlier.

The iON dance pads (PS2 USB iON Metal Arcade 3 in 1 Dance Pad and PS2 USB iON Metal Arcade 3 in 1 Dance Pad with handle bars) are extremely poorly rated unfortunately. I wouldn't mind spending $200+ for a pad as good as the arcade versions, but these don't seem to measure up at all.

For some reason, no dance pad available seems to rate highly. You'll have to read reviews to see which one you want to take a chance on with whatever floor covering you have.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011 6:49:58 PM PST
Kathy K says:
For everyone who is having problems getting the mat to register steps, we did too. It took a lot of digging online to figure it out, but it turns out the directions that come with the mat are wrong. If you move the mat to the opposite expansion slot, the one closest to the power button, you should find your problem resolved. Good luck!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›