4.0 out of 5 stars I'm amazed at how good this is at the price., January 23, 2012
This review is from: Monoprice 10X6.25 Inch Graphic Drawing Tablet w/8 Programmable Hot Keys (Personal Computers)
Let me begin by saying this is my first pen tablet. I desperately wanted one for a while now and didn't have a lot of money. As it stands, there was only one review, so I took the chance. Two gambles in two days and this is the one that worked out.

So far, the drawing surface is large, which I like. It was super easy to setup and install. The pen is wireless and it takes one AAA battery to run. The battery has not run out on me and I have been using it for hours a day for about a week now. I had a concern that it may be unresponsive or respond slowly to input. It does not, perfect 1:1 movements. It is a wide screen tablet so it fits perfectly onto my 23" monitor. I have two monitors and it was super easy and seamless to put only on to the right monitor. It has 1024 pressure levels, just like the less expensive, expensive models. The buttons on the side work great. They are out of the way for anyone who is right handed. Left handed folks might have an issue with them though. The hotzone buttons work really well also.

The only issue I am having is there no website for this tablet. No way to download drivers or contact anyone in regards to it. I haven't used a CD/DVD drive in over a year and my buddy had mine. I ended up buying a new external DVD driver because I couldn't get in contact with him. But, I know I'm probably the only person who has gone media-less. But, I had to drop a star because of the lack of support from the company.

Ultimately, totally great buy. I would suggest this tablet to anyone who can't afford one of the much more expensive Wacom tablets.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 25, 2012 9:06:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 25, 2012 9:11:05 PM PST
You mean this website? http://www.monoprice.com/

I did a search and couldn't find any drivers on their site either, but I suppose that isn't a problem if it works well with the drivers on the disk it comes with. The implication that the never update software is a little troubling though.

Another site said the drivers are available here: http://www.uc-logic.com/en/index.php?ParentMenuID=4

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 6:41:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2012 6:44:00 AM PST
Justin says:
Man, I looked all over, thanks for the heads up. The version of the driver on the website is the same as the ones on the disc though. As shameful as it sounds, I actually returned this one and picked up a Wacom. The whole restarting my computer thing because of the driver memory leak wasn't working out for me. My review still stands though, I would suggest this to anyone who can't afford one of the more expensive ones though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 6:54:41 AM PST
You weren't able to just kill the process in task manager and then restart the tablet instead? And how serious a memory leak are we talking?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 7:48:58 AM PST
Justin says:
I could kill the process and I did. But I would have to restart the computer before the driver would load again. Even if I tried to manually start it, it would do nothing but sit there. The computer would think like it was starting but it would not start up. And the memory leak was huge. 2 gigabytes huge in less than a day. I only have 8 gigabytes in the computer. But even if I had more, that is way to significant to think about continuing with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 11:39:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2012 11:41:34 PM PST
So would you still suggest this tablet? Would you take stars off for it now? Oh, and what OS was that on?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 5:58:40 AM PST
Justin says:
I would still suggest the tablet. Memory leaks are strange. Not everyone is going to have it. And with the exception of that it was a great tablet that worked very well, especially for that price. And actually, the one thing this tablet still has over the Wacom is it picked your hovering pen point up from further away. I was using Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 8:31:19 PM PST
Well I'm using 64-bit Home Premium, so that makes me worry a bit, but I think it's worth the risk. Thanks for the useful replies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 9:19:44 PM PST
Justin says:
I agree, it's worth the risk. Like I said, not everyone may have the memory leak problem. And if it doesn't work for you, the Amazon return policies are excellent. They have already received my tablet and they only have to process the return.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 9:30:06 AM PST
Lisa says:
Will this work on windows vista?
I ordered and I don't know if I should cancel since the first comment said it will not work on windows vista. D:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›