1,099 of 1,137 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Ah hah, I'm all shook up!, August 15, 2006
This review is from: Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Brushed Chrome (Kitchen)
Well ok, maybe I am not all shook up so much as BLENDED up. I purchased this immersion blender after my older no name brand unit purchased at Wally World died in the middle of blending a pot of hot soup. I like that you can wash the blenders blade assembly in the dishwasher and the stainless steel shaft is not stained like so many of the ALL PLASTIC models. Another thing I love is the power of the unit and the sharpness of the blades; they will reduce a pot of cream of broccoli soup to a smooth consistency in nothing flat.

Oh and when I say broccoli soup folks, I MEAN broccoli soup. I put nearly two bunches of steamed broccoli in my soup and I only chunk it prior to blending with the immersion blender. This blender will puree` the soup to a perfect creamy texture in nothing flat. (Reserve a few pieces of the chunked broccoli to add back to the soup for texture purposes) I have also used it on my potato and asparagus soups with equally great results.

If you are looking for an immersion blender with lots of power and a "NO STAIN" Stainless Steel shaft then IMO, you cannot go wrong with this model from Cusinart.

Happy Blending!

Ciao!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 12 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 11-20 of 22 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 3:19:54 AM PST
'Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Brushed Chrome '
Is this cordless? There seems to be 2 different pictures in the multiple pic enlarge group? One silver flat top & one white with a right angle 110 cord.
thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 3:21:59 AM PST
thanks!
tgunn43@gmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2011 6:52:09 AM PST
C. Scagliola says:
Mine is a 110volt model and unless they have changed the specs on it, it's still a 110volt model.

Happy Blending!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2011 6:27:13 PM PST
I just tried mine on cream, and gave it a minute without aerating it enough. It produced butter. I'd say it'll whip *just fine* but is so powerful you have to be careful.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2011 8:33:57 PM PDT
B. Smawley says:
People still use non stick pots? Anyway, anyone is still around, can it safely be used on glass pots which I use (or sometimes ceramic coated). Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2011 5:59:18 AM PDT
B Smawley, good question on using on ceramic cookware, I'd like to know also, as I have XTREMA cookware which is, just that ceramic, I love it...also someone said it can't be used on non-stick pots, much appreciate that info as I still have one or two of that kind of cookware...You guys and your tips are super, thanks much..'happy cookin'

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 11:19:08 AM PST
RebeccaDavis says:
Hi,
I just bought my Cuisinart Immersion Hand Blender after reading all of these great reviews. Yours keeps sticking in my mind because I really want to start eating vegetables (I don't like them) and thought I might like broccoli soup. Is your recipe one you would share? Have a great day!
Rebecca

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 1:18:45 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 1, 2012 1:19:27 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 1:22:10 PM PST
C. Scagliola says:
Amazon won't let me post the recipe here, if you would like a copy email me clint45@"gmail.com" WITHOUT THE QUOTES In the subject put Broccoli Recipe

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 8:57:20 AM PDT
rroberts says:
Didn't feel much like a fake company post, did it? Come on.