30 of 33 people found the following review helpful
Interesting & Thought-Provoking,
This review is from: Programmed to Kill: Lee Harvey Oswald, the Soviet KGB, and the Kennedy Assassination (Hardcover)Although this book pulls in some unrelated items and stretches to maintain its thesis, it is at least worthy of as much consideration as ANY of the "The CIA did it" tomes. There are five points that stand out in this book & its surounding issues:
1) All assassinations in history have either been committed by a dedicated, suicidal assassin, or were the product of dumb luck. For example, no writer could have come up with a more improbable story than the murder of Archduke Francis Ferdinand and his wife.
2) There is no worse organization to achieve an assassination than a large, fractured governmental bureaucracy, constantly fighting turf wars and concerned with betrayal and oversight from exogenous personnel. The KGB did not qualify at the time as such an organization but the CIA did (and does today to an even greater extent.)
3) Only the PP department in the Agency (& only a few individuals within it) were severely impacted by the Bay of Pigs. Most of the ill-feelings in the Agency during the remainder of Kennedy's time as President were directed at Robert Kennedy, the inexperienced loose cannon bent on murdering Castro and who was micro-managing Agency operations to that effect.
4) The Cuban Missile Crisis eventually brought about Khruschev's fall, and as he was losing power, could readily have sought to assassinate the individual he blamed for his decline. Whether he did so and how, is central to this book.
5) For the benefit of other reviewers, it should be noted that the firing of the three shots have been reliably replicated, including the "magic bullet" shot. There remains no technical question as of this writing that those shots, although lucky, could have been made by Oswald from his putative firing point.
This books adds a valid point of discussion to the ever-lasting analysis of the Kennedy assassination. Like all such books, one must read it carefully and critically. Obviously, the criticisms are many and highly charged, and I leave them to the reader as affected by his own political viewpoint.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 16, 2011 8:12:10 AM PST
Robert P. Morrow says:
I suggest that folks google my "LBJ-CIA Assassination of JFK." Anyone who tells you that the Russians or the Cubans murdered John Kennedy is giving you disinformation of the worst sort. That is what the CIA wanted you to think 48 years ago so that the US military could stage an invasion of Cuba.
Here is some info you can use:
From Defrauding America, Rodney Stich, 3rd edition 1998 p. 638-639]:
"The Role of deep-cover CIA officer, Trenton Parker, has been described in earlier pages, and his function in the CIA's counter-intelligence unit, Pegasus. Parker had stated to me earlier that a CIA faction was responsible for the murder of JFK ... During an August 21, 1993, conversation, in response to my questions, Parker said that his Pegasus group had tape recordings of plans to assassinate Kennedy. I asked him, "What group were these tapes identifying?" Parker replied: "Rockefeller, Allen Dulles, Johnson of Texas, George Bush, and J. Edgar Hoover." I asked, "What was the nature of the conversation on these tapes?"
I don't have the tapes now, because all the tape recordings were turned over to [Congressman] Larry McDonald. But I listened to the tape recordings and there were conversations between Rockefeller, [J. Edgar] Hoover, where [Nelson] Rockefeller asks, "Are we going to have any problems?" And he said, "No, we aren't going to have any problems. I checked with Dulles. If they do their job we'll do our job." There are a whole bunch of tapes, because Hoover didn't realize that his phone has been tapped. Defrauding America, Rodney Stich, 3rd edition p. 638-639]
Posted on Feb 16, 2011 8:14:03 AM PST
Robert P. Morrow says:
1) Lyndon Johnson - Mastermind of the JFK assassination. The job of the CIA was to do the actual slaughtering of JFK. Both Lyndon Johnson and the CIA were up to their ears in the JFK assassination. The job of LBJ and Hoover was to cover up the assassination.
2) J. Edgar Hoover of FBI- I think he had foreknowledge. Like LBJ, he hated the Kennedys. Elite sponsor of JFK assassination. "If I told you what I really know, it would be very dangerous to the country. Our whole political system could be disrupted." - Hoover to Billy Byars, Jr., son of Texas oil man Billy Byars, Sr., a very close friend to Hoover. Hoover was responding to a question of whether Oswald really shot JFK.
3) Allen Dulles, head of CIA fired by JFK. #1 Cover up artist on Warren Commission. First one picked by LBJ to be on Warren Commission sham. Allen Dulles may very well have been a co-CEO of the JFK assassination along with Lyndon Johnson: the CIA/mafia in charge of the killing and LBJ and his close friend J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI in charge of the cover up. Elite sponsor of JFK Assassination. Allen Dulles : "That little Kennedy...he thought he was a god."
4) Nelson Rockefeller - hated the Kennedys. Very deep and longstanding CIA. Close working relationship with Allen Dulles. If Dulles was in on it, then Nelson Rockefeller was in on it. [note: Henry Kissinger was Nelson's closest aide for decades. The more I study the JFK assassination, the more I am convinced of Rockefeller/CIA involvement in conjunction with Texas oil. And Henry Kissinger has been an elite player/aide/ally with the Rockefellers since the 1950's as well as Bilderberger attendee.] Elite sponsor of JFK Assassination. Very significantly, Lyndon Johnson's #1 pick to be president in spring 1968: to keep the JFK murder cover up going.
5) George Herbert Walker Bush - High ranking Texas CIA in 1963. Oil industry. A top political and CIA player even in 1961 when he organized Bay of Pigs invasion at age 37. Lied about not being in the CIA; also says he can't remember where he was when JFK was assassinated. Who does this joker think he is fooling? His dad Prescott Bush was close friends with Allen Dulles and Prescott later wrote a letter saying he never forgave JFK for firing Allen Dulles from CIA. Elite sponsor of JFK Assassination.
6) Gen. Edward Lansdale - CIA (probably the guy running the field operation for the assassination on site at Dealey Plaza. He was photographed on the side walk just west of TSBD and identified by Col. Fletcher Prouty and Gen. Victor Krulak. Ed Lansdale was a pet of the Dulles brothers and the CIA Georgetown set. I absolutely believe Gen. Ed Lansdale was a key player in the JFK assassination. Very key player.
7) H.L. Hunt - Texas oil billionaire, LBJ supporter, JFK hater. LBJ told his most beloved mistress Madeleine Brown that it was the Texas oil fat cats and the CIA who murdered JFK. Lyndon Johnson forgot to add that they murdered JFK on Johnson's behalf! Elite sponsor of JFK Assassination.
8) Clint Murchison, Sr. If Hunt was in it, then Murchison was in it. Murchison was close friends with cover up artist Hoover at the FBI. Murchison was all mobbed up with close ties to his friend Carlos Marcello in New Orleans and the Genovese family in New York. The Murchison maid reported that champagne, cavier and joy overflowed at the Murchison house the week after JFK was assassinated. Elite sponsor of JFK Assassination.
9) Cliff Carter - very close LBJ aide; certainly involved in the JFK assassination as well as many other murders for Lyndon Johnson. Cliff Carter was the political director for LBJ as well as his assassinations director.
10) Malcolm Wallace - LBJ's personal hit man. Billie Sol Estes reports how he, LBJ, Cliff Carter and Malcolm Wallace used murders to cover up LBJ's gargantuan political and criminal liabilities. Malcolm Wallace probably coordinated in the field with the CIA murderers of JFK.
11) Ed Clark - LBJ's lawyer and close friend. He was probably coordinating with HL Hunt, Clint Murchison and the CIA regarding the JFK assassination. Ed Clark was an extremely powerful power broker in Texas at this time. Huge power - in on JFK assassination.
12) James Angleton - probably running Lee Harvey Oswald, supervising Oswald's sheep dipping and setting him up to be the pasty of the JFK assassination. Blame it on Cuba/Russia, perhaps to justify an invasion of Cuba. Also, very close to Allen Dulles - Angleton even carried the ashes of Dulles in an urn at Dulles' funeral, that is how close they were. Oswald was probably being run as an "off the books" agent supervised by James Angleton.
13) Richard Helms - CIA, started its MK-ULTRA mind control programs, helped to cover up JFK assassination. Probably in on it in advance.
14) David Morales - top CIA assassin for latin America. Ran the Miami operations against Castro. In Operation Mongoose. JFK hater. Later said we got the bastard, didn't we. Yes, he was in on it in the field game. Actual quote was "Well, we took care of that sob, didn't we? (referring to JFK). Robert Walton, the ex-lawyer for David Morales quotes him as saying something like: "I was in Dallas when we got that m-----r [JFK] and I was in Los Angeles when we got the little bastard [RFK]."
15) E. Howard Hunt - CIA. Hated JFK after Bay of Pigs fiasco. He was in on it at the field operations level.
16) Frank Sturgis - CIA JFK after Bay of Pigs fiasco. He was in on it at the field operations level. Sturgis was the one who went to the media and tried to float the absurd canard that the Russians did it. The Russians, in fact, were convinced LYNDON JOHNSON murdered John Kennedy.
17) David Atlee Phillips - CIA Mexico City Station chief. May have been running Oswald out in the field. Phillips was "Maurice Bishop" and he and Antonio Veciana met with Oswald in Dallas in September, 1963. James Angleton and David Atlee Phillips may very well have been the ones to sheepdip Oswald as a fake communist, so that he could be a useful patsy later.
17) continued: other CIA men probably involved: Ted Shackley, Tracy Barnes, Desmond Fitzgerald. Ted Shackley worked very closed with GHW Bush, even becoming a speech writer for him in 1980.
18) Curtis LeMay - head of the Air Force. Ultra-hawk, wanted to start WWIII and just get it over with. Big time JFK hater. Almost certainly he was in on, aware of and supporting the JFK assassination. Was at JFK's autopsy, chewing on a cigar and grinning. LeMay hated the Kennedys with the same intensity as Johnson hated the Kennedys.
19) Henry Cabot Lodge - US ambassador to Vietnam, was about to be fired by JFK on 11/24/10 for insubordination. Lodge liked Ed Lansdale and wanted Lansdale's services in Vietnam. On 11/21/63, the day before the JFK assassination, Henry Cabot Lodge was making phone calls in the lobby of his Hawaiian hotel (2 reasons, no record of who he was calling [probably the JFK murderers} and also so he could not be taped recorded on a phone.) Lodge had been openly insubordinate of JFK in his role as ambassador.
20) William King Harvey - fired from Operation Mongoose by Kennedy. Close friends with suave mob hit man Johnny Rosselli. JFK hater to the max. Very likely in on JFK assassination.
21) Johnny Rosselli - suave mob hitman for Chicago's Sam Giancana. Extremely close friends with CIA assassin/ CIA expert player William King Harvey. Rosselli later said Jack Ruby was one of our guys and we got him to kill Oswald. Tosh Plumlee says he flew in Rosselli to Dallas for an "abort mission" on 11/22/63. Guess that mission did not work out too well! Rosselli was involved in the JFK assassination; may even have been a shooter. Johnny Roselli was the one who went to Jack Anderson with the absurd story that Castro killed JFK; that was a diversionary story to cover Rosselli's participation.
22) Jack Ruby - killed Oswald to cover up plot. And he was probably in on the JFK assassination ahead of time with the mob, the CIA and/or including Lyndon Johnson's people.
23) James Rowley, head of the Secret Service. The Secret Service protection was so bad and so non-existent in Dallas, it seems likely that Secret Service leadership was involved in the JFK assassination. Many of the Secret Service agents on the ground were just following the orders of their superiors, just like the Dallas motorcycle cops that for the most part were not around JFK's limo.
24) Col. Howard Burris. One of the most important men in the Pentagon at this time 1963 and a very close military aide to Lyndon Johnson. He was very close friend of Richard Helms and most likely a CIA asset with a military cover. He got very rich after the JFK assassination.
25) Carlos Marcello and Santos Trafficante: these guys had close ties with CIA and anti-Castro Cubans. The actual shooters of the JFK assassination were either Operation 40 guys or elite mafia hitmen in the Southern USA. Of course, Jimmy Hoffa wanted Kennedy dead, too, but he was probably not an actual player in the logistics of the operation. Hoffa was probably just cheering them on. Johnny Rosselli may very well have been one of the shooters:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›