5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Grail Bottle!, January 22, 2007
If you have been looking for a great water bottle, this is it!!! I am not a hard core workout person - I just want to drink more water for my health. I use this bottle at work, going from meeting to meeting and bring it with me when I am on the go in the car. I never thought I would be so excited about a bottle, but I am - Camelbak really thought about useful features and it shows.

The bottle holds quite a bit of water (25 oz, 750mL). The bottle is leakproof. I like drinking from the straw - no tipping the bottle required. No unscrewing a cap, just flip up the valve and drink. I removed the flexible bite valve cover and just drink normally from the hard plastic straw piece since the bite valve seemed a little weird to me. I have had no problems with leaking with the valve cover removed - just flip down the valve when I am on the go and there is no leaking. The valve system seems very well designed. I generally sit the bottle on its side on the car seat or throw it in a bag with no leaking, just like a regular screw-cap bottle. The carry loop is nice - fits in your finger. It is easy to fill, with the wide mouth. It comes in lots of colors.

As for minuses, there is only one minor annoyance and that was mentioned by a previous reviewer - the straw does not reach the bottom of the bottle. Note that this size bottle does not fit into the car cupholder - would need the 16oz=0.5L for that. Also, the plastic has scratched slightly from rolling around on a sandy car mat.

I have decided to purchase another bottle so that I can have one at home and one at work. I highly recommend!

Updated 12/24/07:
I still love this bottle, although I am now accustomed to it and it is not quite as exciting as when I first got it :-) I fill it every morning and bring it to work with me and also fill it when I get home from work. It has really helped me to increase my water consumption. The plastic has scuffed up a bit, but there is no change in function. I wanted to mention that water will come out when the bottle is opened after a pressure change - like going from air conditioned space and leaving it in a hot car. Physics at work.

Updated 6/28/08:
Yes, I STILL love this bottle and purchased another (the BPA-free version). I was pleased to find that the straw in the new bottle does reach nearly the bottom of the bottle, so that annoyance has been corrected. If you already own the previous (BPA) version of this bottle, note that Camelbak makes the BPA-free bottle with a "classic cap" that can be swapped with your previous straw assembly (classic cap version is slightly cheaper but does not come in as many fun colors).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 11-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 31, 2010 8:02:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2010 8:08:10 PM PST
Lady Nicolds says:
Thank you for the review. I just bought two bottles (1ltr) one for work and one for at home, however i bring it with me sometimes in the car. I have only had mine for a week and found two draw-backs to the bite-valve which now i read your review and i can remove it. The two draw-backs were that i could not swallow pills at the same time and bite down on it, also if you wear dentures and take them out at any time, you cannot clamp down on the bite valve to release the water.
PS: i don't think it's a good idea to leave the bottle in the car in the summer time at all!

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 10:18:53 PM PDT
It's been two more years... do you still love it???

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2010 8:10:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2010 8:11:21 AM PDT
doctorsirena says:
Yes! It really helps me to drink lots of water. Interestingly, I now have 4 of the 750mL size bottles (all BPA free) and I use them daily. I fill them up and bring them to work and use at home. I also have a smaller 500ML size that I bring while traveling or when I want a lighter weight bottle that fits better in cup holders. The 1L size is too bulky and heavy for me.

I just throw them in the dishwasher all the time and also clean the narrow parts and straw by hand occassionally with a "sippy straw cleaner" (available on Amazon by third party seller).

I still highly recommend these bottles.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›