5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, April 6, 2013
This review is from: TopCase Rubberized Hard Case Cover for Macbook Air 13" (A1369 and A1466) with TopCase Mouse Pad (HOT BLUE) (Personal Computers)
Length:: 1:54 Mins

For the longest time I was in search for the perfect case to protect my baby - the 13" MacBook Air.

I had my eyes set on the Speck Satin hard case but the price kept making me put off purchasing it and each time I went to the Apple store they never had any colors I liked.

So while surfing on Amazon I came across a case made by TopCase that looked just like the Speck Satin but it came in my favorite color - Robin Egg Blue...you know the beautiful Tiffany Box color? ;)

All the reviews seemed to say that this case was pretty awesome and the price was just right so I decided to give it a go and ordered it along with the matching silicone keyboard cover. It shipped rather fast and the case and keyboard were shipped together.

It gave my MacBook Air a new look and I was very happy with the results. The only other gripe that I failed to mention in the video was that the silicone keyboard is hard to type on- gets a little sticky which causes typos but maybe it just takes some getting used to.

PROS:
- Easy to install
- Comes in a wide variety of colors
- Really affordable, won't break the bank

CONS:
- Feet look a little cheap
- Silicone Keyboard cover does not match top row keys
- Silicone Keyboard can be difficult to type on
- Case can be difficult to take off but we found a solution: [...]

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2013 12:41:55 AM PDT
Do you have to put the key board piece on? Are you able to type accurately without it?

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 6:29:34 AM PDT
SanPa says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2013 11:16:13 AM PDT
Guinea Piggy says:
Well, the laptop was a gift and since I am a student I don't have too much money in the bank to be spending on a fancy case. So it made sense to find an affordable case to put on my laptop. Everyone likes a good deal anyway, right? ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2013 11:21:08 AM PDT
Guinea Piggy says:
The keyboard cover doesn't have to be put on, I actually took it off after awhile. The only thing I didn't like about it is that I wasn't able to type very fast with it on. Haha. :)

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 10:06:07 AM PDT
Redstone says:
What was your solution for taking the case off? I didn't see it in the video.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2013 11:00:03 AM PDT
Guinea Piggy says:
Oops, here is the video on YouTube of the solution we found. We basically used a plastic wedge to remove it

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 2:03:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2013 2:03:54 PM PST
jomoose says:

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 11:29:13 PM PST
Y. Le says:
Did tt scratch your laptop when you snap it on oor when you took it off?

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 4:16:34 AM PST
HLN says:
Thank you for taking the time to put such a great review, BUT cases will scratch your MB Air. I use a matte skin from bestskinsever.com. Also, would you ever put case on your Ferrari? Also the chance of dropping your laptop is almost zero so please use it without a case. Apple did not design it to be wrapped in a case. The MacBook Air is the BMW of the laptops, why not show it form and factor to the world. 😃

Love all your reviews. I love the one you did on the rice cooker. Very funny and professional. Very impressed.

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 11:32:56 AM PDT
Merry Jayyne says:
Is this the robin egg blue or hot blue? Just want to make sure I buy right
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›