1,534 of 1,672 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Pray yours doesn't break!, August 22, 2011
Since there are a few in depth reviews floating around, I'll just highlight some of the things that struck me after use:

Good:
· The style of the headphones themselves is very ingenious, and stay in place no matter what I am doing. They take a few minutes to adjust to the feeling of having them around your neck, but soon after you forget they are there.

· No problems syncing with my Droid X

· They will pause/skip ahead/answer calls with no problem

· The volume button is well placed, with a feel that's easy to find by touch

· Ear buds are fairly comfortable

· Sound quality is pretty good with music. They are a little flat sounding, but using an equalizer app brought them back to life. For the price, I was pleased.

The Bad:
· Poor construction quality

· Sound quality on phone calls is horrible. Did you ever talk with someone through a long tube or pipe when you were a kid? That's how other people sound when on phone calls. There's no static, and it's clear, but I had to keep reminding myself the caller was not trapped in a well. If you plan on talking on the phone a lot, please take note of this. (That said, I never had any complaints on their end, as far as my speaking sound quality)

· Call answer and play/pause buttons are small and VERY easy to trigger with your chin if you are moving your head around a lot. While working on my car and around the house I was constantly hitting them on accident. (Adding a lock would fix this)

· The magnets on the ends to hold the buds in place when not in use are a joke. I was constantly having them hang down the inside of my shirt when not in use. This needs a major redesign. Be careful if you put them in a bag with anything that my catch on them.

· I knew these were not noise isolating or cancelling, but I still expected them to be a little better than they are, as other regular ear buds I have had were much better in that regard.

Summary: For less than $50, these could be quite a value. They are a very unique headset, and for someone who is mostly going to use them for music, they may be what you are looking for.

So, why only 1 star? While I was happy with these while they worked, I cannot recommend them due to my experience with their service and the sub-par build quality.

After only about 6 weeks of use, they fell apart. The ear buds are made as a two-piece shell that surrounds the speaker and wired connections. Well, they fell apart at the production seam. I could have probably glued them together myself, but I wasn't about to do that with a practically new device. So I contacted LG and sent them immediately in for service (which was a hassle in itself to get an RMA #, since neither their repair website nor phone support has this model # listed)

After almost 4 weeks in their hands without word on status, I contacted them for an update. After multiple transfers between associates who could not get me an update, I was finally connected with a supervisor who informed me that the headphones (and parts) were on backorder. She said that while they could not give me an official ETA, she admitted it could be months until this is resolved. I requested a direct refund since they could not honor their warranty in a timely manner. I was told that she would discuss it with a manager, and would call me back.

After 5 days I never received a call back, so I called again myself. After another inordinate amount of time on hold between individuals, I was told by a supervisor named Maya that they would not offer me a refund. My choices were to either accept a lesser-quality (and less expensive), regular headphone style Bluetooth set as replacement, or to wait for the others to come back into stock, with no end in sight.

Sorry LG, but this is not acceptable. If I wanted a large, old-school style headset I would have ordered a better set from a different manufacturer. I could easily order a replacement set of 700's from a 3rd party vendor if you gave me a refund. I understand that you are not required to do so, but you ARE expected to give your customers timely warranty support, which you have failed to do. As such, you will never get another dollar of mine, for any product in the future.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 10 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 136 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2011 12:12:18 PM PDT
Markesha says:
I was considering ordering this product, but Customer service is important to me. I would be just as annoyed.

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 3:26:55 PM PDT
BlackIce says:
Bizarre how they mess up one customer's order so much by simply following their standard "policy" or script and lose so many more by that customer's ill-will! LG is the current manifestation of "Lucky Goldstar" and is now part of the conglomerate that's called Samsung. Love the Samsung TV's but hate my LG GS170 phone with a passion.
I get the impression that LG is completely clueless when it comes to customer service or building a customer-friendly product.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 6:43:15 PM PST
tvish says:
LG and Samsung are two seperate companies. You be thinking of the Hyundai-Kia Motors group which is part of Hyundai conglomerate.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 9:09:11 AM PST
I think it's funny that they couldn't scrounge up a replacement set for you when it seems like they gave out about a hundred of them to reviewers on this site.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 9:45:28 PM PST
Mooney 201 says:
I am very impressed with the design and quality of the product. I saw a colleague with a pair and immediately wanted a set because I was so tired of dealing with wires on my other set.
Only one problem...one of the earbud cushions came off and I can't find it. No problem, I'll just call LG and order a new set. Wrong! After refusing to believe the first rep I got, that they don't carry parts, I was transferred to the supervisor Naya. She confirmed that I would have to contact a 3rd party vendor who may carry the cushions.
Are yu kidding me? You mean to tell me that the actual manufacturer doesn't carry and supply it's own parts? Ok, so I ask for the names of vendors that I can start with. No such luck. They don't know that either.
What good is the customer service and parts department if they don't have answers or service?
I've had my headset for two weeks and now they are useless. Wow, talk about a good idea gone south quickly!
Good product. Just don't expect any help if it goes bad.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 8:36:33 AM PST
Enough said. Costumer service is important and the customer service (or lack thereof) described in this review is absolutely unacceptable. I will never again buy any LG product. Companies have to learn that in today's connected world, they cannot behave in such a manner and still be successful in the long term.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 1:54:03 AM PST
G. Barrera says:
I will not purchase these headphones because of this review. One of my main priorities with products is how well the company stands behind them. Even complications with a completely shoddy product (Space Bags comes to mind), if handled in a decent way, will earn a second, third, even fourth chance with me (Space Bags were great as a company, but the product never came through for me after 4 tries). Thank you for sharing your experience. Although I am a very patient consumer, I do value my time, and I have none to waste with LG.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 11:25:34 AM PST
Mak90 says:
was thinking about getting this, but not anymore after reading this review! thanks for the heads up on the customer service run around!

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 10:54:20 AM PST
Jeff Martin says:
Thank you, they lost another sale w/ me as well... :(

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 7:46:01 AM PST
THW says:
Thank you for posting your experience. No customer service? Count me out. I was trying to decide between these and the Plantronics 930. Now I know!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next ›