5.0 out of 5 stars Another Solid Sigma Book, June 27, 2011
This review is from: The Devil Colony: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
When taking the time to review a book, one must look at several factors: story line, plot development, depth of characters, and research accuracy. Once again this book has all of those factors and more. As with most novels by this author, I could easily sink into the book and get lost in the storyline. I had read the novella that was the framework for this book. I held off till last week to do so, it did nothing but making me want to know more! Then I turn and find a nice little teaser of the book after, it was enough to tell me this was going to be another book, with the characters I look forward to reading more of. I have stolen time during my clinicals, and reading another Rollin's book with my son (Jake Ransom & the Skull King's Shadow) since The Devil's Colony was released to read the book, it is solid.

I was surprised to see the low ratings on here, I go to look, and saw they have nothing to do with the book, but with the pricing. Now was I thrilled to pay 15.00 for my Kindle edition of the book. Nope, not even close. The price is set by the publisher, not by the Author. The authors have no say in pricing, the publishers do. On Amazon, the ratings have no sway with the publishing company, but it does help or hurt the author. If you want to communicate your distaste with the pricing, add it to your review, or contact the company. Do not penalize the Amazon standing of your favorite authors because of the pricing. Content is what is to be reviewed here, not the price of the product.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2011 7:17:40 PM PDT
Luke D. says:
I totally agree. Great Comment.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:44:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 4:46:21 AM PDT
Clandy says:
I agree, great book, as always, love the way the story makes you want to read up on the subject-this time I'm actually going to take out some of Mr. Rollins suggested reads.

One comment about the low reviews due to price people don't like being taken advantage of, which is what appears to be behind the insane kindle prices. When I first got my kindle I was buying a lot of books after the publishers attack on ebooks-not so much. How should I feel when I could pay ten bucks for the kindle version, or by stopping in bjs I was able to buy not only the amazing Devils Colony but also Steve Berry's the Jefferson Key for a total of thirteen bucks?

Sure I lose the 'tote-ability' of the kindle... but for a liitle more than one e book, I got 2 books I've been wanting to read. In this time of 4+ dollar a gallon gas, I've either got to give up my favorite authors or find a way to ecconomize.

Thank you for a good review, sorry to hijack, but I couldn't let it pass without explaining what may be behind some folks frustration.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 3:25:49 PM PDT
I agree completely. It's ridiculous to base your rating on the price of the book. I buy all Rollins' books in paperback because I want to have a hard copy in my collection. But even if I paid out for the e-book I'd never give the lowest rating just on the basis of the price. It's a horrible thing to do.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›