5.0 out of 5 stars simply awesome **3 Month Update**, October 26, 2012
This review is from: ASUS VivoTab RT TF600T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Gray) 2012 Model (Personal Computers)
**3-mo update**

Okay, so I've had this tablet for almost three months, and I must say that I have still do not have any regrets. The app store is constantly being updated with new offerings, but is still far from what is available for the ipad and android tablets. BUT with that said, there is a huge difference here...with the Windows RT OS, many of the apps you would need due to lack of flash support are availble simply by going to the website and having the full feature of the target website...hope that makes sense. In short, I'm not missing anything that I used to have on the iPad2 or Nexus 7 I used to own. Aside from the awesomeness that the keyboard dock offers in terms of battery life, the feature that has really worked well for my family is the ability to have individual user accounts. We have three kids that are constantly on the Vivo Tab researching and typing their school work. And just like a computer with multiple accounts, they can set the home screen to suit their individual needs and thier files are stored accordingly...no mix ups. Pinting is a snap too...the Vivo Tab automatically detected our wireless printer...due to restrictions placed on their netbooks from their school, they cannot add our home printer. So as you can imagine its been getting used ALOT. The keyboard/battery dock is a crucial piece of this multi-tasking puzzle. With an average 13-hr battery life (our use) with keyboard, the one thing I heard the most from our kids was the relief of not having to worry about plugging the power supply in (mobility at its finest). As for the rest, it has continued to meet my expectations.

Original Post:

Sooo happy we as consumers finally got something other than android or iOS. I won't hate on either, but I was more than ready for a solid third option. I will leave out the tech stuff since you can see that in the item description. Walked into the MS store earlier to purchase the Surface RT. Then I looked over and saw the Asus model. Love at first sight. Not only is the model lighter, but just feels right in the hands (Android Transformer users can attest). Loaded my music and movies...picture and sound quality is fantastic! Snapped a few photos with great results. Although I did not buy a tablet to snap photos or video. Screen clarity is just as good if not better than what I have seen with the various tablets I have owned prior to this (Galaxy Tabs, Nexus 7, iPad2). Swiping and the on screen keyboard are responsive...I have not noticed any hesitation or lag. Keep in mind we are dealing with a quad-core system. The only thing you will need to be aware of is the lack of apps in the store. But you also have to keep in mind that this is new to the MS ecosystem...they will come. Then there's office...AWESOME!!!. Added my corporate email and was opening and editing documents with ease...this is what sold me the most. Since I mostly work with documents, I will now be able to travel without my laptop. Overall, it was worth the wait...quality build, office, windows, happy camper.

Forgot to mention. The tablet comes with a USB adapter so you can connect a USB flash drive to transfer files or get some work done. Also, as mentioned in the comments...Asus is offering the dock for FREE for a limited time. So if your thinking of getting one...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2012 11:20:29 PM PDT
arcana73 says:
is the keyboard dock included or did you have to buy it seperatly

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 11:50:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 11:51:56 PM PDT
Saint04 says:
I have the same question (If the tab came with a keyboard and total cost). Also, I did end up purchasing a Surface and the build quality is great! Also, it comes in at $100 cheaper than the Asus Vivo at the present time... Thanks for the review. I'm a full time student and use Windows RT for the same reason as yourself, MS Office!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 2:24:57 AM PDT
C.P.G. says:
The keyboard IS NOT included. It must be purchased separately.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 4:52:39 AM PDT
The keyboard dock is not included BUT if you go here http://event.asus.com/Vivotab/Mobile_Dock/ ASUS is offering the dock free to anyone that buys one through December 31st...pretty SWEET deal if you ask me!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 9:56:59 AM PDT
A. Franco says:
No, the dock was not included. I I knew tigerdirect was offering it for $499 so I tried to get MS store to price match, but they wouldn't. I went to best buy and they did. Not sure why Asus would sell the tablet $100 more than the Surface RT unless it came with a dock...but as see below they are offering the dock for free Rigby now.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 10:33:52 AM PDT
No. I was disappointed when I received mine this morning and there was no dock. All the reviews I'd read said that the dock was included with the $599 32Gb model. That's pretty much the only reason I didn't order the Surface. This may go back.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 5:26:58 AM PDT
xendrome says:
Kind of weird how the keyboard is not included.. EVERY review I have read for this says it is in the box, and one even said something like "There is no word when a dockless model will be shipped"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 8:10:53 AM PDT
A. Franco says:
It is definitely interesting why the advertising is off. But ASUS is make this right by offering it through their website. I submitted for my dock yesterday evening by uploading a scan of my receipt and SN sticker on the box. Very glad I didn't have to mail anything off.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 10:09:05 AM PDT
P. Hall says:
Question. I saw a site mention this Tablet is $449 and the Keyboard $149. Amazon is selling this for $699 w/out the Keyboard of which you say you can get free. So has anyone bought one of these for $449 or even $499 and gotten the free keyboard or has everyone paid $699 first? Seems to me to be the same price either way, unless one can in fact get the Tablet for $449 and a free keyboard.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 10:09:48 AM PDT
P. Hall says:
It seems you would get the better deal because you paid $200 less and will get a free keyboard?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›