5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, June 15, 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Art of Racing in the Rain (Hardcover)
Since I am a young teenager, you might think it doesn't mean much for me to say that this is the best book ever. But I've read a pretty good amount of books for someone my age. When I read this book, I felt a connection with it that I haven't felt with any other book. It made me feel the pain, the happiness, the sadness, and the humor in the characters lives. I cried at two points in the book because of the way the author was able describe it. It wasn't that it was sad, it was just that it was told in such a beautiful and truthful way. Obviously, you might say that a dog could not think like a human, so how could it be truthful. But this book is not about what real dogs think. It's about spiritual and emotional truths. Doesn't anyone remember Charlotte's Web? Enzo says, "My intent, here, is to tell our story in a dramatically truthful way. While the facts may be less than accurate, please understand that the emotion is true. The intent is true. And, dramatically speaking, intention is everything."

Because I'm 12, I did have to discuss the book with my parents. I needed to ask questions about the custody battle and Eve's sickness. I recommend this book to anyone who is open to the ideas of creating your own life and not being a victim. Anyone who thinks this book has anything to do with bad luck (I've seen some of the reviews) is really missing the message. There is nothing random. As Enzo says, we are all extensions of everything. Where you focus your energy is what happens in your life. What happens in the end is what has to happen. It is the only true ending that fits the whole buildup of where Denny and Enzo placed their energy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2009 7:58:33 AM PDT
I think this is the best book also! For 12 you are spot on. Loved your review - and I will tell you this is the first time I have commented on anything on this website. Congrats to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2010 2:34:32 PM PST
Karen Houser says:
I second that emotion!

Posted on Jan 2, 2011 12:58:35 PM PST
Montana says:
And I third it, (so to speak). I can remember thinking when I was 10, that that was the absolute best age to be and that I would always remember what that felt like it. And, when I was 11, I thought the same about being 11, and on and on. But, along with almost everyone else, I did forget. I love being able to get a peek about what it was like, especially when reading the viewpoint of an intelligent young person like yourself. Please keep reviewing.

Posted on Jan 23, 2011 1:04:19 PM PST
ejane says:
Gosh, I haven't even read the book yet; I am on way to the library to get it, if I can stop crying long enough to drive there safely! Great reviews here. I can't wait to meet Enzo! Hubby is forewarned; I chose to read the book first, since he is more of a softie than I am when it comes to our love of animals. He will be a basket case, thus rendered useless for some period of time. So, I'll be the first basket case after meeting Enzo and sharing his life.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 5:29:19 PM PDT
Gregg M. says:
That is one perceptive and thoughtful 12 year old.

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 5:13:59 PM PDT
Well said, kid!

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 9:35:31 PM PDT
This review makes me smile. :)

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 10:34:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2011 10:43:09 AM PDT
Mia Clair says:
Thank you for your beautifully written review!

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 11:16:46 AM PDT
Yours is the best review on the site. You are perceptive, emotionally wise, honest and brilliant. And an excellent writer. Keep on reading, thinking, feeling and writing.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 4:07:15 PM PDT
Lovd1 says:
12!!!! You sound like an exceptional kid. If only I could get my 11 year old to read. Like the other poster- first time for me writing a comment. Great review.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (5,551 customer reviews)
 (4,345)