5.0 out of 5 stars It's bigger on the inside!, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Doctor Who: Limited Edition Gift Set (DVD)
I love watching Doctor Who.

Wasn't a huge fan of Christopher Eccleston, not that I hated him either. David Tennant was awesome, quite possibly my favorite. But Matt Smith is starting to grow on me, so we'll see.

I do find it amusing, as one of the other reviews says... this HUGE set is great for someone who hasn't bought any DVDs already. If you have, you're bound to get some repeats.

So for the Whovian who hasn't bought any of them... why not buy ALL of them! =)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2012 6:15:37 PM PDT
Sarah says:
Plus, keep in mind, buying this set is WAY cheaper than buying the individual series separately! It's a steal :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 8:07:58 AM PDT
netman says:
Does anyone know if there will be an option to get this set in Blu Ray, at least the HD seasons 5 and 6 and the specials? They could fit more episodes on a Blu Ray and the discs are more scratch resistant. Otherwise, I still have to buy the individual seasons.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 12:29:22 AM PDT
Sarah says:
The only Blu Ray box sets I have seen are Region 2. I believe seasons 5 and 6 are on Blu Ray, but if you want a complete set and don't live in europe, this might be your best bet.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 10:27:04 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 17, 2012 10:48:49 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 6:53:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2012 6:57:42 PM PDT
G. Voorhees says:
This is a nice set, but I found it cheaper to order the equivalent sets from the UK Amazon, and have them shipped to the USA (I'm doing the same with the Classic Series DVDs). Yes, I'm missing out on this box set's swag, but I'm getting The Specials & Series' 5 & 6 on Blu-ray (and the the DVDs have a slightly higher resolution than the R1 (US) versions (576p over our 480p)). I have a multi-region DVD player for the R2 DVDs, and the Blu-ray sets from the UK are A,B,C (or Region Free).

It's definately a great set, but all told, I'm saving around $40.00 USD going my route (besides, I already have the Sonic Screwdriver). ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 7:11:18 PM PDT
netman says:
That is assuming your player is Region 2 compatible which many are not.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:44:55 AM PDT
SteveG says:
To bad about it not being in BluRay. I wont be purchasing it until it comes out in HD.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 10:15:33 AM PST
Scott says:
Ah yes, the person who can't actually discern resolution but is still snobbish about the box. Transferring the earlier series to Blu Ray would be pointless as they'll actually look worse, most likely. Let the Blu Ray player "up convert" the standard def and that's about the best you'll get.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:18:29 AM PST
Scott says:
Not really, but it's certainly more convenient. Amazon's had Gold Box Deals on Series 1 and The David Tennant Years, which I had already nabbed for my nephew for about $72 combined. They've also had deals on Series 5 & 6. If you want to spend teh time and effort, you can get the whole cheaper, but how much is our time worth. It's a good package at a fair price.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (48 customer reviews)

Out of stock