24 of 25 people found the following review helpful
I give this my "M. Bison's seal of approval",
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Capcom Digital Collection - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
CAPCOM you surprise me.
This collection includes 8 Xbox Live Arcade games (9 if you include Magic Sword that comes with Final Fight), making this the biggest XBLA game collection to date (excluding SEGA GENESIS COLLECTION but that's technically not an XBLA game collection). The value is worth about $90 if you download all the games (and the DLC for Rocketmen) separately. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AT LEAST 3 OF THESE GAMES, THIS COLLECTION IS WORTH THE $40. If you can get it for less then it is a steal.
Many of these games have either VS. and/or Co-op for both offline and online.
The games featured:
1) SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO- HD REMIX: yet another remake of a classic fighting game, new graphics are nice, music of crisp, (though I still prefer the CD tracks from the old DOS game for a lot of characters) it's still awesome.
2) Final Fight: Double Impact: similar to STREETS of RAGE, an arcade brawler.
(Bonus game) Magic Sword: arcade game that is a little like castlevania. -Both feature filters to make the graphics look better.
3) 1942 Joint Strike: a classic arcade shoot-em up, HD remake look good.
4) Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD remix - casual and cute VS. puzzle game that anyone can play and enjoy, featuring some well known CAPCOM characters (from Street Fighter and DARKSTALERS!!!). The graphics aren't as good as some of the other games but it is easily the most addictive.
5) Bionic Commando 2- Rearmed: an HD sequal to a platformer/shooter classic, didn't play much but it looks great.
6) Wolf of the Battlefield- Commando 3: a "from above view" old school style arcade shooter that is fun to play in co-op.
7) Rocketmen axis of evil: similar to WOTB:C3 above, but with some RPG elements to it. Suffers from a lot of little glitches. DLC included on the disc but need to be installed on HDD to work. - An OK game overall especially with friends.
8) FLOCK! is a zany casual puzzle game involving herding animals.
To conclude, this is a solid game collection, featuring many great games along with a few newer ones. Great competitive and Co-op action at an affordable cost. I hope CAPCOM gives the same treatment for some of their other classics (like Cyberbots, and Darkstalkers) though it probably won't happen any time soon. If you are interested in this collection take a look at for some gameplay videos of these games and see for yourself.
A final note, if you have a 3D-TV that does 2D to 3D conversion, most of these games (especially SSF2T-HD Remix) look phenomenal!!!
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 3, 2012 11:58:08 AM PDT
T. M. Forsman says:
I want to purchase a gift for someone who doesn't have 3D TV or XBOX Live. Does this require XBOX Live to work?
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 7:11:43 PM PDT
No it does not require xboxlive or a 3D tv to work, those are just options...signing on to xboxlive will allow the person to play against another online if they also have the game or games.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›