1.0 out of 5 stars Not as Advertised, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Star Trek The Next Generation Deluxe Shirt Costume (Apparel)
I ordered this based on the excellent reviews of others, and the price reduction seemed to make it worth it. The costume I received was different than the photo and other user reviews. The zipper on the back only went from the collar to the shoulders, leaving it bunched at the neck, making it look loose and with a bump. The costume was very thin material, and the collar felt like it was formed with a foam insert which also lacked the color coordinated piping along the neck line. The communicator/badge was SCREEN PRINTED, and the rank pips are IRON ON. This was very different from other reviews which commented on the metallic pips and tactile badge. Even if I bought a separate communicator badge and pinned it on you'd still be able to make out the screen printed one underneath unless you secured it just right. My suspicion is that the seller is selling a different model costume at the sale price relying on less observant buyers to take what they get.

All in all, this is the type of cheap costume you expect to see in those seasonal stores that pop up in strip malls in October. I was really looking forward to the costume other buyers appear to have received that were happy with the purchase.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 27, 2011 4:55:47 PM PDT
Aaron Barlow says:
A lot of the time when I see reviews like this, the buyer used one of the seller stores, instead of amazon fulfillment. Can you reply with what seller you used for your purchase?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011 5:08:50 PM PDT
Jacob Sam says:
Sure, the seller is listed as Yagoozon (the everything store) and fulfilled by Amazon. So it was prime eligible. I've been in contact with the seller. They mentioned the possibility I was sent the wrong item. They would like me to buy another one and if I get the same one to let them know so they can check with distribution. Either way they said they have a 100% return policy so I will not have to be stuck with something I don't want or can't use. I'll update my review if I end up getting the product as described.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 8:24:57 PM PDT
Is the product that you received made by Rubie's Costume? If not, then they could of sent you the wrong one. All I know is that the Rubie's made Costume are the "official" Star Trek costume and comes with the golden pips, and the combadge.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 12:49:59 PM PDT
Aaron Barlow says:
FYI, I had an order pending through amazon.com (it mentioned a wide range of ship time as it wasn't in stock at the time) when I asked you where you purchased your uniform. In the meantime it shipped. Mine is definitely the uniform as it should be. It came in packaging listed as Rubie's Costume, and has tags showing the uniform to be licensed. Metal pips that are nice, and an OK commbadge (not metallic looking, unfortunately) came with the shirt. Good quality product, but sized a bit short for me (I'm 6'1"). With a black undershirt it may not be noticeable.

Hopefully you get your problem worked out.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 6:30:03 PM PDT
I just had the SAME PROBLEM. I got one of the inferior shirts. Yes it's made by Rubies. But it's junk. I plan on trying to order a couple more through other vendors and see if any of them are correct.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 4:07:59 PM PDT
Jacob Sam says:
*Update* I ordered the same item at the suggestion of the seller whom I contacted (Yagoozon). Second attempt = SAME item. Screen printed, and not the "Deluxe Shirt". I would also like to try again but I already have the cost of two of these things tied up till my refund is processed and the price has jumped considerably. If you order this item, make sure you are ordering it through Amazon, not just fulfilled by Amazon.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 9:04:37 PM PDT
I too purchased this item due to the great reviews posted on this product! And as well as Jacob, the Shirt that I received did not have any of the characteristics (i.e. "Badge pin with a rotating lock" & "The pips are simple pins with a fastener on the back") of the product they described in the "Star Ratings" by customers.

What is even more fishy that there is a letter from the CEO of YAGOOZON focusing the blame on the manufacture stating:
"Dear Customers,
Many have felt the manufacture has over advertised this costume. Some Customers feel that there may be 2 versions of this and that they got the lesser one. This is not the case. The manufacture only makes one Star Trek uniform and maybe over advertise the way the decal looks."

So if there are others describing a totally different type of uniform, why are the Commenters describing an actual Communicator pin(not an iron on) as well as the pictures listed with color matching piping and "The quality of the shirt itself is better then I dared hope for and the color and pattern are almost perfectly accurate to that of the show"-By Casey Trojanowski "Valkier071"???
BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!

The CEO of course ends her letter stating:
"As you know all sales on Amazon.com are subject to 100% customer satisfaction. If in anyway you are not satisfied with this outfit. Please a chance to provide you with fantastic customer service."

Your darn right Justine!!!
You will be hearing from me!!!!!1

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 4:44:21 PM PDT
I worried when I read this comment, but I ordered anyway and got the deluxe version as advertised. I ordered a medium blue shirt in october 2011, if that helps anybody.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 1:59:39 PM PDT
Jacob Sam says:
That's great news! So far, this seems to be happening only with the red shirts, and only those ordered from Yagoozon. I should be getting my Gold shirt today, my FOURTH attempt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 4:41:53 PM PST
J M says:
Yep, I ordered a small red shirt, delivered from Yagoozon, and it was the lesser one--screen printed, iron-on, etc.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (415 customer reviews)

$45.00 $26.58