Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

1,165 of 1,277 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, April 16, 2013
This review is from: The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days (Kindle Edition)
Hi everyone!

4.Dairy
5.Sugar and artificial sweeteners
6.Eggs
7.Peanuts

And then she says to do this for 3 weeks and then add the food in one by one and see what you are sensitive to. She also stresses you to buy her products. I have told you the entire book in just these few words. Do NOT waste your money. I am sorry that I did. I wish I would have just looked up the 7 foods to drop.

Now about losing weight, if you drop those foods and are sensitive to them...you will drop the weight. However, if you are not sensitive to them you will stay the same. Good luck! Don't waste your money!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 10 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 76 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 8, 2013 5:07:33 AM PDT
Applause! Applause! Applause!
The diet industry is rife with pseudoscience, contrivances and ploys such as this and has more than enough low-information public to keep their flotilla of bilge in happy circulation. This charlatan states that gluten from various sources such as wheat "tears" and damages our intestinal track. I guess no one told God that wheat is bad for us.

See the example of biblical verse of Ezekiel 4:9, the combination is said to be a complete meal that satisfies all nutritional requirements. The combination of grains God gave Ezekiel makes for the proper balance of amino acids to provide a complete protein. That's probably how Ezekiel was able to survive 390 days while lying on his side and eating only this bread.

The additional suggestion of buying her $60.00 shake mixture(s) along with diet books and various supplements should have been our first clue.

You are preforming a civic duty. Muchas gracias, señora.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2013 6:26:37 PM PDT
Coolio74 says:
Southern review, I agree that the nutrition industry is full of contradictions. But on the topic of wheat, I have to disagree. i believe that in biblical times, wheat was probably a find product with lots of health benefits. The problem, is that today's wheat is a far cry from the wheat crop of thousands of years ago. Combine that with the weakening of America's health (read pollution from a myriad of sources, very high stress lifestyle, and a loss of spiritual/mental practices), and our guts can't keep up. But I do like the review by Jenny!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2013 8:38:58 PM PDT
C. Cooke thanks for the response.

Wheat is one of the first cereals known to have been domesticated, and wheat's ability to self-pollinate greatly facilitated the selection of many distinct domesticated varieties. As an organic gardener and artisan bread baker, I am aware of some of the nutritional issues with our food supply.

Before commenting (above) I had just watched several segments of the author's cringe worthy presentation on PBS's money drive before her sycophantic staged audience props. Her information was mainly empirical and geared toward her eventual financial outcome. The whole format is off-putting to me and I admit a bias. I would not consign my health to her information, or that of most health charlatans.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2013 8:28:03 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2013 1:21:09 PM PDT
M. J. Hader says:

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2013 12:54:07 PM PDT
Lilac says:
Giving up Gluten turned around my life. Keep in mind that when Ezekiel ate wheat it was kamut or spelt, and not the modern hybrid wheat that growers have manipulated to have more gluten in order to make fluffier breads and pastries. Also keep in mind that traditional societies soaked, sprouted and fermented their grains before eating them. That changed them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 10:52:03 AM PDT
Cynthia C. says:
the only problem with the Biblical story is that the grain (wheat) we eat now is NOT the same Grain that Ezekiel ate! humans have genetically altered it so our digestive tract doesn't accept it and it rots in our stomachs and makes for gas and other digestive problems. But I believe all you need is the list and you can do this with out buying the book. just read the labels and understand what your food is made of and how it got that way to you table. I hear a couple of young girls talking about how Beef and red meat are two different things , some people are just so uneducated about where their food comes from. But I did appreciate your post!!!

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 1:12:19 PM PDT
Aerie says:
Well, I'll bet that getting rid of sugar and artificial sweeteners ALONE would be helpful for most people. I would guess that finding that even one of the 7 things to be problematic for a person would be life changing. By the way, this book is being previewed on PBS as I write. It seems that the author is giving away much of this information for free...all seven items are being discussed right now. She does not appear to be ripping anyone off; I hope someone is being helped by the information. By the way, a lot of this information has been recycled in tons of other health books (The Plan is one) over the years. I guess we just need to find out which guru is least offensive.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›