5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grame - not worth it if you already have the original edition, May 21, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Batman: Arkham Asylum [Game of the Year Edition] (Video Game)
I played this to completion when it first came out, but didn't own the game. I picked up a copy of the GotY edition today because I wanted to play through on a harder difficulty, and also the challenge modes are the kind of thing it's fun to come back to every once in a while for 15 minutes of fun (which can easily turn into 2 hours).

This is an awesome game and I can't recommend it enough for people who haven't played it.

A couple gripes about the GotY edition:
* My saves and progress from the original version are not compatible. I'm guessing this means that the leaderboards for the challenge modes will also be separate. This is a big disappointment, as I won't be able to compete against my friends who have the original version.
* The 3D is a cool gimmick, but not quite cool enough for me to want to play the whole game that way. I turned it off after about 30 minutes.

Again, I highly recommend this game if you don't own the original, but can't say it's worth picking up if you already have Arkham Asylum.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2010 1:58:48 PM PST
MAL says:
Thanks for the review, I borrowed the game and loved it but before buying my own copy, I was wondering if my saved profile was compatible with this new edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 11:55:05 PM PST
soren121 says:
Probably not. This version names its game saves "Batman: AA GOTY", so it likely wouldn't recognize original saves.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 6:11:36 PM PDT

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 1:07:30 PM PST
Wildcard says:
You have to adjust the tv settings properly to get the 3d to look right. At least in Arkham City, the trioviz 3d kicks butt. Too many people sem to be dissing the trioviz 3d bcuz they cant seem to figure out how to work the color, etc. . settings on their tv's.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 5:22:58 PM PDT
S. Calvo says:
I just bought this game and I have a question: Does the 3D feature work without a 3D TV? I have a Samsung HDTV but it's not 3D. There has to be something right? I remember watching 3D on a regular TV with the regular red and blue 3D glasses. Will those work?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 6:24:51 PM PDT
Aaron says:
The 3D feature for this game uses glasses. You don't need a 3D TV. The glasses were packaged inside the game case when I bought it. They were a slightly different color than the old red and blue ones; they had more of a greenish tint.

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 12:24:04 PM PDT
FullMoon2015 says:
Game of the Year Edition? Hardly! All you get is 4 stupid challenge maps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (460 customer reviews)

$19.99 $14.99