5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Worthy Camera Backpack, July 25, 2010
This review is from: AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR/DSLR Cameras and Accessories - Black (Camera)
Length:: 4:55 Mins

UPDATE AS OF 1/9/11:
This bag is still doing wonderful, but I thought I should update you guys on the gear it is holding. Currently, it is holding my Canon Rebel XTi (w/ battery grip), Canon EF 70-300mm USM, Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Canon EF 28-80mm, and Canon EF-S 18-55mm. As well, it is holding my Canon ZR930 MiniDV camcorder, Canon Rebel 2000 film SLR, filters, pouch of accesories such as chargers, memory card reader, etc, and a few little items. This bag seems to hold whatever you throw at it! Still a 5 star bag!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added a video to this review to show the amounts of gear able to be stored in this bag.

I have been looking to purchase a camera backpack for my SLRs, lenses, and other accessories, and I had narrowed it down to the Canon 200EG backpack. I loved the compact size to the bag, but the large area inside for about two bodies (a must) as well as excess room for lenses. I tried the bag out at Best Buy, and I was about ready to purchase it on Amazon, until this bag came up as a recommended choice. It looks identical to the Canon, but without the giant 'steal me' Canon logo. Reviews for this bag backed up my choice, so I figured I would try this baby out, and if I din't like it, just return it for the Canon.

Little did I know, this bag exceeded my expectations with features much better than the 200EG. For one, the extra padding on the shoulder straps. You also get a belt strap to support your back with heavy gear. I'm about 5'3" and the bag fits snug and comfortably.

The exterior is made of a durable material, which should hold up against rain. The interior is padded very nicely to secure your gear in the bumpiest of my bike rides, which is nice. The zippers are sturdy, although I wish they were easier to put a lock onto. Lets talk about what this bad boy can hold. I am able to fit my DSLR Canon Rebel XTi (w/ battery grip) in the main slot, my film Rebel 2000 infront of the XTi, my PowerShot P&S, my MiniDV camcorder, 75-300mm telephoto lens, 28-80mm walk-around lens, and 18-55mm kit lens, with room to spare! In the meantime, I keep my chargers, minidv tapes, and remotes in the open spot. That is until I invest in a flash unit. If you pack everything right, you can easily pack three SLR bodies, three lenses, a P&S, and other gear in the bag. The top mounted pockets is home to my filters, memory cards, cables, and cloths. The side of the bag can hold a tripod safe and securely. You can also find spots for a phone, or even fit a small notebook pc (more likely a netbook) in the main pocket. Which is nice considering there is no laptop slot.

All in all, this bag is highly recommended in my opinion. Keep it in mind in your searches, and don't click away because it is Amazon branded. It's higher quality than my old Lowepro!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 11 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2010 7:19:05 PM PDT
Thanks so much for the awesome video review.

Posted on Sep 25, 2010 9:08:28 AM PDT
M. Breedlove says:
Good video Brandon. I was looking for a bag that would hold my netbook as well and you showed that. Thank you and keep up the good work!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2010 6:56:37 PM PDT
Brandon says:
Thanks for the nice comment! Your netbook will fit great! My 10" Acer fits like a champ.

Posted on Oct 18, 2010 9:46:27 AM PDT
great video. you sold me!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2010 8:16:53 PM PST
Brandon says:
Great to hear I helped! You won't be disappointed!

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 8:16:52 AM PST
Atom says:
Good job in making the video, It was a great help, I was almost ready to buy the Cannon 200EG but had the fear of "steel me" logo as you said. Thanks and keep up the good work.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 11:32:46 AM PST
Brandon says:
Thanks for the comment! I love watching video reviews, so it only made sense to make one for you. The 200EG is still a great bag, but this just seems like a better option for me, considering I bring my gear around with me all the time, and seeing a huge Canon logo just attracts attention in a bad way.

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 9:13:53 PM PST
Lori says:
Thank you for the detailed review and video. I feel much more comfortable buying this bag now.

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 12:32:35 PM PST
Derek says:
Would that front pocket hold a 13" MacBook? I'm guessing no. Wish Amazon made an SLR+Laptop bag in this line...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2011 7:24:02 PM PST
Brandon says:
Glad to hear I could help!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›