ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components 100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now STEM Toys & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaving Bliss..., September 24, 2010
This review is from: Braun Series 7-760cc Pulsonic Shaver System, Black and Silver (Health and Beauty)
I have had the benefit of owning the Braun 3-390cc, 3-370, and now the 7-760cc...all in the last 4 months. Before this I owned the 8585 Activator, and before that the 6520 Flex Integral. Before that I forget, but I have been shaving with Braun shavers for about 20 years. They rarely go bad...I just get enticed to buy the latest technology.

I bought the 3-390cc about 4 months ago. Before I even had a chance to give it a proper review, TSA lost my shaving kit while inspecting my baggage, and so my shaver was gone. This shaver lacked power. If I skipped a day of shaving, it really bogged down on two days worth of stubble. I felt like I had to have my face 5 times to get everything. And the cleaning system was very rudimentary. If you dropped the shaver into the cleaning system and pressed the button to latch it in there, it cleaned the shaver automatically, whether it was dirty or not. Even if you just cleaned it a few hours ago. No "sensing technology". I don't believe the 3-390cc cleaner had a heated dry either because it would still be wet with the alcohol solution 6-8 hours later. Also, after only 3 months there was a build up of scum in the cleaner where the shaver sits. I opened up the shaver's blade cartridge a couple of times and it still had a few whiskers in there. I probably would have rated it 3 stars.

Since TSA lost my 3-390 shaver, but I still had the cleaning system at home, I bought a standalone 3-370 with no cleaning system. I found out quickly it didn't work with the cleaning system from the 3-390cc. I inquired with Braun (P&G) and they said it should, but it didn't, so I sent it back. The 3-370 shaves exactly like the 3-390. I think it has one less LED indicator, and that's it.

I decided this was a sign that I needed to look higher up in the Braun shaving lineup. I'm amazed I even found this shaver because Amazon's search engine is so quirky and doesn't provide this shaver as an option in the Braun Store. This is by far the best looking Braun shaver I have ever seen, and may be the best overall shaver I have ever owned.

The 7-760 is MUCH more powerful than the 3 Series shavers. I shaved two days worth of stubble today like a hot knife goes through butter. This shaver has easily cut my shaving time in half. It does a much better job with neck hair that lays flat and is hard to get. The Pulsonic technology vibrates and almost gives you a face massage while you're shaving. Braun recommends that you set the Pulsonic strength level to high for the best shave,and they are right. I've noticed that this shaver allows me to get closer to my chin beard without pulling any of the whiskers out (ouch!). It has a much more precise feel to it. The pop out trimmer is a little unusual, but I have gotten used to it already and it does a good job.

The 7-760 cleaning system is much better too. It senses the level of cleaning needed and reports what level cleaning it intends to do via an indicator light, but waits until you actually push a "GO" button. I really like this new feature because my 8585 had this sensing technology, but proceeded with cleaning as soon as you dropped the shaver into the cleaning system. The 7-760 cleaner is built much more like the cleaner from the 8585 Activator, and I think it does a better job than the new style of cleaner that comes with the 3 Series. No scum is accumulating in the cleaner, and not a single whisker is left in the shaver after it is done with a light cleaning. If you clean the shaver ever day it appears that it never has to do a deep cleaning, because I haven't seen one yet.

Braun is skimping on the case and brush these days. The case is the same for the 3-370, 3-390 & 7-760. The 7-760 gets a little bit bigger brush, but that's it. No room in the case to take along the power cord. The cleaning systems for each model use the exact same Clean & Renew refills, which is nice.

All in all, I recommend this shaver. If you've tried a cheaper Braun and aren't happy, take them up on their 60-day money back offer and get this one. I think you'll see a big difference. I wish the 7-760cc didn't cost me $220, but it appears I'm an early adopter, so maybe the price will come down.

[Add comment]
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2010 8:07:20 AM PDT
Rebel77 says:
isnt the replacement bades are expensive? and eventually could get cost prohibitive? THanks for the detailed review...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2010 1:49:12 PM PST
Amazon has the replacement blade for $37. Braun's website recommends replacing these every 18 months. I am unsure how long the cleaning solution lasts, however... And they are about $5 per refill.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2011 10:55:18 AM PST
W. Andres says:
I have the 790cc and can say that the cleaning cartridges last about a month whether you use them daily or not; evaporation is the culprit. Is the added expense worth it? For me... yes. The solution not only cleans the shaver but it lubricates it as well which simply putting its head under tap water would not do. Then there is the consideration that this is your face that you are shaving and you only have one face. Why not ensure that the shaver is the best you can get and the most sanitized? I honestly don't consider the cost of cartridge replacements to be excessive. After all, I spend more on coffee each day!

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 10:53:02 AM PDT
Drew says:
I have a braun shaver with a base and i can say that because of it's availability you can often find deals on the replacement items that will lower their costs. 18-24 months is about right depending on how much you use it ie) every day, every other day, a couple times a week. I also have a series 5 from when it was their top of the line cutter and it's still running great so I wouldn't say the blades are costs prohibitive because the razor will last a long time saving you money on buying a new razor. I know in the review he says it keeps track of how dirty it is but this is only sort of true. I actually figured out that it keeps track of the times you use it. Say you accidently turn it on or use it twice in one day the second time for a quick touch up, it'll count those as full uses and so you'll think the razor is dirtier than it actually is. I also found that taking the grid off and emptying the hair into a trash can and maybe running it under some water, allows you to use the razor perfectly fine another couple times before you should probably clean it with the base station. This should help you preserve your solution a little, cutting down on costs. I will say that the base station with solution cleans significantly better than just using water or water solutions, so I don't recommend not buying the base or not buying the solution.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 7:21:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2012 7:23:03 AM PST
I never buy their Clean & Shave cartridges. I simply rinse the old one and refill it with denatured alcohol. Works just as well and the razor is fine. Been doing it for years. The cost is about $.20 vs $10.00.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 8:49:28 AM PDT
W. Andres says:
But that is NOT the same thing. It may clean and sanitize but it does not lubricate as Braun's solution does.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:02:33 PM PST
Certainly it's no worse than cleaning with water or the brush, which Braun also recommends (with a weekly drop of machine oil).

FWIW, the Material Safety Data Sheet for the solution (Google for [braun clean and renew msds]) says that "the complete ingredient list for the finished product is as follows: Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Citral," where Limonene is "<0.5%" and probably close to that one drop per week. I wouldn't worry about the difference.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›