5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST BOOK FOR FAMILIES OF ALCOHOLICS, January 4, 2008
This review is from: Getting Them Sober: You Can Help. Volume 1 (Paperback)
When I first picked up "Getting Them Sober", I was utterly astounded and amazed. I called my sister excitedly to share. I read her excerpts. She said, "Oh my gosh, the author really knows him(meaning my alcoholic)." my sister said. Toby Rice Drews knew. This God given author knew my life. The insight was incredible it was an "aha" book. Somebody put into words and explained what I was going through, in lving with active alcoholism.

Toby answered THE QUESTION. The question that I was too afraid, too hurt, too ashamed to ask...... There it was in black and white!....."If he runs off with another woman, does that mean he doesn't love me?" Whew, I felt so much better knowing that I wasn't the only one who had ever felt that way or asked that question. I was enlightened and relieved.
I had also wondered, "Why am I so afraid he will leave?" "Why have I given him a million second chances?" "Why do I take him back?" Those questions and answers were there. I was able to start putting the pieces of the puzzle together. I grew. My life was transformed from that knowledge. I am very grateful for "Getting Them Sober."

I own all five of the books in Toby's series. The "Getting Them Sober, vol 4" book (which is all about the hidden issues in seperation/divorce in alcoholic families) was very helpful to me when I was going through my divorce. I carried it with me constantly. Here is the product link:Getting Them Sober: Vol 4 : Separations and Healings (Getting Them Sober)

Fifty percent of American families have active alcoholism in them according to the NIH. This book is a must read for everybody. Families of alcoholics, counselors, teachers, and judges will gain great insight, hope and strength in their understanding of those who suffer on a daily, yearly, lifetime basis from the HORRIBLE family disease of alcoholism. It is a good read and must read for all.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2008 4:23:09 PM PST
marley says:
Does anyone that has read this think that it would be helpful for a mother of a 22 year old addict to read? Are the principals pretty much the same?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 8:03:16 PM PDT
yes, it certainly does apply. The author also has another book which may also help you; it is "Getting Your Children Sober". And her website is amazing, and lauded by AOL .. it is http://www.GettingThemSober.com The website has helped me so much, almost as much as the books.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (61 customer reviews)

$9.95 $8.96