71 of 75 people found the following review helpful
Nice compact system camera,
This review is from: Samsung NX2000 20.3MP CMOS Smart WiFi Mirrorless Digital Camera with 20-50mm Lens and 3.7" Touch Screen LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL) (Electronics)
The Samsung NX2000 compact system camera comes with many nice features in a reasonable price package . I have been using this camera for a couple of weeks with quite a bit of photo shooting on my trip to Hawaii.
What I like about this product
- Compact and light weight. This is one of the key factors for my purchasing decision as I wanted a camera with interchangeable lens and yet easy to carry around on trips and vacation. The camera weighs about 1 lb with the body and the 20 - 50 mm lens. I was able to store this camera together with a 50 - 200 mm zoom lens in the Case Logic DCB-304 Compact System/Hybrid Camera Case (Black). It was a tight fit but it worked pretty well for carrying it around.
- large 3.7 touch WVGA screen for controls. It is quite easy to navigate the various shooting modes, controls, and viewing photos / videos.
- nice picture quality supporting upto 25600 ISO.
- a variety of controls for the more advanced photographers. Some of the features I like included the focusing / exposure / metering modes, bracketing by exposure / white balance, manual adjustment of the flash's power, and ability to create our own custom settings. The camera also comes with a neat feature called "beauty face" which automatically smoothen the skin tones either in real time or applied after the picture is taken
- wireless Wi-Fi capability. This is a function which I like very much. It works flawlessly for sharing the pictures with the Samsung Smart camera apps, e-mailing photos, and uploading photos to face book. An existing Wi-Fi connection is needed for the files sharing and transfer. The Samsung smart App also has a remote view-finder function which allows us to remotely control the camera using our smart phones.
What could be better with this product
- lack of EVF which makes it a challenge to view under bright sunlight.
- the focusing system on the 20 -50 mm lens is pretty slow and is a bit difficult sometimes to achieve proper focus particularly in low light situations. The 20 - 50 mm lens does not have the OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) function neither which makes it a challenge for shooting fast moving objects. The Samsung 50-200mm Telephoto zoom lens for NX Series Cameras which I also purchased does come with OIS. You may also want to consider the Samsung EX-S1855CSB/US NX NX Ifunction Lens for Camera (Black) as an upgrade as it provides much better focusing mechanism with the OIS function. I have also provided some detailed information of this lens in the product page.
Overall, I am quite pleased with this camera given its price with nice picture quality, compact design with interchangeable lens , and the wireless sharing capability. It is a step above the point and shoot type camera for those would want more advanced controls for their photo-shooting.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2014 10:04:56 PM PDT
j pasquarelli says:
Why can't I buy samsung 2000?????? I am in Australia. email@example.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›