5.0 out of 5 stars Another Amazing Season!, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy: Season 7 (DVD)
Coming into this season after the way they ended season 6 was going to be a challenge, but I think it was handled beautifully. Spoilers ahead: I know many people criticized Christina's story line at the beginning of the season, but it was my favorite. I went through a tragedy once myself, and seeing her pull away, change who she was, and then finally come back with a vengeance was like watching what I went through. I loved that she really went through the grief rather than wrapping it up in two episodes, it was more realistic to me. I will say there is one episode I absolutely hated, the documentary one I definitely could have done without, but don't let that one episode be the reason you don't get this set (you may like it), because the rest of the season is in true Grey's form. I also loved the journey of Alex this season, he and Christina were both center stage and it was a nice change of pace. Callie, Mark, and Arizona's journey as a "family" was also a good storyline. Adele's Alzheimer's was heartbreaking, and if I had been Meredith I would have done the same thing.

My top five episodes for the season:

1. "The Song Beneath the Song"-- From what I read you either loved or hated this episode. I loved it, I think I cried through most of it. Sara Ramirez really knocks this episode out of the park. The last song "The Story" was so amazingly done, you can almost feel her trying to get back into her body. Chasing Cars with Sara Ramirez, Kevin McKidd, and Chandra Wilson was easliy the best track for me. The emotion in this episode was portrayed so perfectly I don't think I moved or blinked the entire time. If you are a true Grey's fan and you like the music you will love this episode.

2. "Adrift and at Peace"-- Derek taking Christina fishing was exactly what she needed; her emotional break down was one of the beast moments of the season. Patrick Dempsey and Sandra Oh should share more scenes together. Meredith yelling at Owen was also priceless.

3. "Disarm"-- A mass shooting brings back memories for the staff, and Christina gets her groove back. Watching her realize her real passion was always surgery was a beautiful moment. Sandra Oh really gave a wonderful performance, The scene with everyone crying in the gallery, and then bursting into hysterical laughter was the best scene of the episode.

4. "Almost Grown"-- I loved seeing the interns get thrown in as doctors in this episode. You can really tell how much they've changed and grown up over the years, and how some things never change. The presentations for the million dollar grant were funny and Derek's was very emotional.

5. "Golden Hour"-- It was nice to get a Meredith centric episode here, she is still my favorite character. Mer really gets to shine here, and I loved the real-time vibe of this episode. Bailey and Eli have some fun, and run into trouble of their own. Alex's sensitive side comes out, and then you remember why you like him so much. Adele showing up in the ER, and then realizing that she is sick was a great setup for storylines to come later in the season.

Other notable episodes are "Unaccompanied Minor" and "White Wedding"

For anyone who thinks Grey's has jumped the shark or is just getting old, watch Seasons 6 & 7 because they really bring back the magic. To sum it all up just like with any other season of Grey's you will laugh, cry, and fall in love all over again with this show and the characters. I can't wait for season 8!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2014 1:30:26 PM PST
Mellie says:
I also loved "Song Beneath the Song." I have been home sick (in January 2014) for about two weeks and have watched lots of streaming, including several prior seasons of Greys Anatomy. When I began the "Song Beneath the Song" episode, I recalled that had I turned it off at the beginning when it was first run, thinking it would be hokey. Was I wrong! This episode is brilliantly acted and produced. And the music is wonderful. I wish I could find the soundtrack to purchase. And who would know that these actors can sing! What a jewel of a production. Can't believe it was fit into a weekly TV series.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (227 customer reviews)

$29.99 $19.98