5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for the price., May 18, 2014
This review is from: Ion Air Pro Compatible with iPod/iPhone/iPad/Android Devices (Electronics)
It's as easy as sliding the switch forward to record and backward to stop. When you stop recording, the power will stay on standby for a few seconds in case you want to shoot some pictures with it.

At first I was having problems with my camera; it was shutting off unexpectedly (without saving the clips). Sometimes it recorded and some times it would just stop unexpectedly. I was about to return it, went to Amazon and started the return process, but just before I submitted it, I said to myself, "let me just call iON customer service first," so I did and they pointed me in the right direction. It turns out, I was using the wrong micro sd card.

You have to buy a class 6 or 10 SD card in order for it to work, but wait . . . just before you say, "no duh!" I thought I had a class 10. I bought mine at BestBuy and the description read, "class 10," but on the card itself it reads, "U1" (the 1 inside the U). The iON rep told me not to go by the what it says on the description or the packaging, but what really matters is what it says on the card itself. I had another card that says C10 on it, so I popped it in and problem solved . . . never had those issues up to now (and I hope I never will [but I will update you if I do])
=================================================================
UPDATE:

I had to bring my rating to ONE STAR because it started doing the same thing. I slide forward to record and in a few seconds the light switches to green (stops by itself) and nothing gets recorded. It just creates corrupted files.

There seems to be a pattern here, when you insert a new micro sd card it works fine the first few recordings, but after a few clips (like, max out the card and delete the files) then it starts giving you problems. It just turns off by itself after a few seconds (and doesn't save anything).

I will call support again and see what they say this time.
==================================================================
LAST UPDATE:

I purchased a different micro sd card and now, it seems to be working fine, like it should. Nice crispy 1080 with no errors so far. I think I got one of the FASTEST micro sd cards for this camera and the one doing the trick for me is: Samsung 32GB EVO Micro SDHC Upto 48MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MP32DA/AM).

I brought the rating up to FIVE STARS because I am finally satisfied, but I should have not have had to had gone through all that hassle. There should be a WARNING disclaiming the type of sd card (and by which manufacturer) to purchase. The inventor (Sandisk) did not work...Samsung was the best.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 23, 2014 1:41:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2014 2:20:21 PM PDT
M. Sarkar says:
Your last post was May 18, 2014.
Did you contact tech support and were you able to solve the file corruption issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2014 1:46:56 PM PDT
I did, but it was after-hours, so I left a message. They called me back, but I could not answer the phone at that moment. I got a new sd card by a different manufacturer (samsung). I have been recording okay, but I'm afraid that after I delete the video files, the camera starts to act up. I guess I am the lazy type of consumer who rather take the loss than bother calling support.

After I delete the files and if I don't get any problems, I will update my post and disregard it as incompatibility with sandisk. We won't know until I delete the files. I haven't been using the camera that much either. I'm kind of disenchanted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2014 2:22:09 PM PDT
M. Sarkar says:
Please check if re-formatting the problematic SD card *in the device itself* (not on a PC) can solve the problem. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2014 3:12:03 PM PDT
Okay, I will see if there's a built-in formatting feature (when I get home). Thanks for the advice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2014 3:14:32 PM PDT
FYI: I just noticed that it's on Prime at $49. bucks. See here: Ion Air Pro Compatible with iPod/iPhone/iPad/Android Devices

Posted on Jun 23, 2014 4:25:59 PM PDT
A. Martin says:
Hi...I don't know what brand of cards you were buying but I suggest you use brand name cards such as Sandisk, Transcend etc. The other thing is the the card should be only class 10 like you were told and not any class slower but you should also check on the actual recording speed of the card as manufacturers use different speeds since the class of the cards have a range of actual record speeds. Not sure if that's the problem but it might be.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2014 4:30:26 PM PDT
You could be right because everyone else speaks wonders about this camera. The card I'm using now is Samsung and it's faster than the previous two Sandisks.

Other than that, the video quality is awesome. You can pause at any frame and it's always a clear shot--like a photograph.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2014 8:51:55 AM PDT
Kath Smith says:
I had exactly the same issue with a SanDisk C10, I've since changed to a Samsung card and haven't had any issues since then.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›