69 of 69 people found the following review helpful
Fantastic Table- Don't Hesitate to Buy!,
= Durability: = Fun: = Educational:
This review is from: Step2 Naturally Playful Sand and Water Activity Center (Toy)
Wow- What a wonderful table! I did acres of research on all the different options before buying this one for our youngest child's first birthday present. I'm so glad we bought this one- we couldn't be happier with it. Here are the things we like about this table.
1. Great size. This table is large enough that multiple children can play with it together (some of the ones on the market are really small). BUT, it's not so large it can't be used inside. We've put it in the kitchen on several occasions for the children to play with during nasty weather days.
2. It is heavy and sturdy. My kids have climbed all over it and haven't been able to tip it over. But, it's not so heavy that I can't lift it on my own. I lifted it over the child safety gate (with the sand in it) to carry it out of the kitchen and back to the deck.
3. I like the versatility of the table. You can use sand on one side and water on the other as intended. But, I've put in dried beans or dried rice instead of the water or just a tiny bit of water with some leftover spaghetti noodles and that was fun too. It's nice to do on nasty winter days when the kids can't go outside and are bored with playing inside. I just carry this into the kitchen and it gives them something a little new to do.
4. The umbrella is a nice feature- provides that little bit of shade so that they can play comfortably.
5. GREAT COVER- it really does stay put! We've had some strong winds and it's never come off. Also, it usually is out on our deck and the cover has never leaked, even during the worst rain storms. The sand is always perfectly dry.
The ONE and only Con (and it's a minor one): I wish that the umbrella would tilt so that I could move it around to block the shade. Other than that, this is the perfect table!