6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
Steve AND Joe episodes,
This review is from: Blue's Clues - Blue's Biggest Stories (DVD)
Blue's Clues is an award-winning animated TV series where a human actor interacts with an animated blue puppy named Blue and various other animated characters to play a detective-style game (Blue's Clues). In the game, the human (Steve or Joe, depending on the season) tries to figure out what Blue is trying to tell him by finding a series of three clues and reasoning out their meaning. This is a viewer participation encouraged show, where Steve/Joe asks for YOUR help in finding the clues, solving puzzles and figuring out what Blue wants.
This DVD is a mix of Steve and Joe episodes--I like that this one has Steve episodes in a row and then a transitional one and then Joe episode(s). One of the other DVDs alternates Steve, Joe, Steve, Joe--which tends to confuse my toddler who's most familiar with Steve.
1)Blue's Birthday: a sweet episode--Steve even helps YOU give Blue a gift, a stuffed dog that shows up in later episodes and turns out to be "key" to the spin-off show "Blue's Room".
2)Treasure Hunt: a fun and creative episode, complete with a treasure map and a guest appearance by Steve's grandma!
3)Blue's Pajama Party: a good pre-bedtime episode, this one takes place at night so Steve spends the whole time trying not to fall asleep; ends with a bedtime story.
4) Magenta Gets Glasses: Features Miranda, Magenta's owner. Steve and Miranda are shy around each other--how cute! Apparently, this episode was not aired on TV.
5) Steve Goes to College: Transitional episode from Steve to Joe, Steve's little brother. Steve says goodbye and even calls YOU from college. Joe's all moved into the house to live with Blue and take over playing Blue's Clues. This episode is a bit emotional even though they try to keep it upbeat and you may have to explain around it if you watch other Steve episodes later...maybe Steve's home on Summer Break or something....
6) Blue Takes You To School: a Joe and Blue episode. It's Perriwinkle the Cat's first day of School so Blue shows her the ropes.
7) The Legend of the Blue Puppy: instead of playing Blue's Clues, Joe and Blue get a visit from Moona, the moon fairy, who tells a legend about when Blue was born (under a blue moon, of course) and shows Blue how to get to Blue's magical play Room. This is the introductory episode into Blue's Room. Blue's Room is a spin-off series with Blue as a talking muppet-esque puppet. Either you like these or you don't; they are very different from Blue's Clues.
8) Blue's Room Snacktime Play Date: another Blue's Room short. My toddler doesn't like Blue's Room, so we didn't watch this one.
Not all of the Blue's Clues episodes are out on DVD and the DVD releases group the episodes by themes rather than seasons. Of the choices, this is one of the better mix of episodes--they aren't too similar, there are some Steve and some Joe episodes and a nice mix of auxiliary characters. With 6 Blue's Clues episodes and 2 Blue's Room shorts, this DVD is lengthy enough to spread out over a few days.