5.0 out of 5 stars This is it, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch Full-HD LED-lit LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
This is a very nice monitor. It was a little too bright and turning that down helped. Also I noticed a little too much text ghosting when dragging my browser around the screen. There is an adjustment in your monitor settings. Go to Image, then adjust Trace Free. I set mine to 80 and its great.

This is a second monitor and seemed way too blue as compared to my old monitor. There are many places you can get reference jpg images that are true to color and gray scale. Do a search for a page named, Monitor Test Images, and any on that page are good, my favorites are from Inkjet Art. Also dpreview.com has a nice image, R3000_TestPrint.

As it turns out my old monitor was too red and this new monitor's color is very nice. Eyeballing adjustments are ok but using calibration equipment is better. Especially if you print much and find you prints don't match what you see on your monitor.

Its a very nice monitor that's priced right. Very good contrast, brightness, and color. Skyrim looks and plays great (lets face it, that's the most important part... hehe).

02/27/2013 I haven't had any problems with this monitor. I upgraded to Windows 8 from Vista so I don't know if this is in Win 7 or not, but... In Windows 8 search "calibrate display color" and in "settings" you can tweak your monitor. Then click "How do I calibrate my display" for instructions. My monitor looks better than ever.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 23, 2012 1:59:28 PM PST
Title of item appears to be incorrect. States "Blank" - suspect it should be "Black"

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:43:16 PM PST
Lorash says:
Trace Free! Hooray! It's been bugging me, the text ghosting. I set mine down to 60. Thanks a lot for the info, it really makes me feel a lot better about this monitor.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 4:06:59 PM PST
Duane says:
:) me too... when I first plugged it in I thought, Oh no what have I bought!!!!
Thanks for your comment.

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 9:54:02 AM PDT
Bob says:
I adjust the Trace free setting to 80/60 but the fonts still are not crisp for me. Any advice?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2013 10:05:17 AM PDT
Duane says:
Hi Bob,

My text is the most crisp at the highest setting 1920x1080. In Win 8 (and I think older versions) is two settings to adjust the font. In Win 8 search "adjust font" (without quotes) and click settings. Also make sure you have the latest video drivers.

If your text was good on your old monitor but not the new one I'm not sure why that would be if above doesn't help.

I hope that helps.
Duane
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (4,972 customer reviews)
 (3,338)