5.0 out of 5 stars Shake it up, baby!, October 13, 2008
I love my Blender Bottle! The design proves, once again, that some of the best innovations are simple modifications of existing approaches -- and proves also that aesthetic touches can make a world of difference in the experience of a product.

For a long time, I'd been using a generic brand of shaker for my protein shakes and other beverages. It was ugly, felt a bit cheap, but did the job -- to an extent. My drinks didn't taste very smooth, but I tolerated that -- and I could get them to a pretty decent consistency if I shook the bottle long enough and hard enough.

I bought this one after seeing the rave reviews and hoped they were right. They were. There are several advantages to this type of shaker over the other one I've used:

1. It looks good -- yes it is made of plastic but it is a rugged plastic, that feels solid; the edges are smooth and there are no lines that indicate an inferior manufacturing process.

2. The cap goes on smoothly -- with my other bottle I had to keep trying to get the cap to fit the groove and go on tight. If I got it wrong then it would leak when I started shaking. With this cap I've never had problems.

3. The "lip" that covers the drinking hole stays open or shut as you like -- with my other bottle I had to hold it shut with my thumb while I was shaking, and then when I would drink it kept flipping back to hit my lip, so I had to hold it open. This one stays shut if it is shut and doesn't flip back when it is open.

4. The real innovation here is the "whisk" style steel ball that rolls around as you shake and really breaks up any solids you put in there. I have a powdered green tea that dissolves only with difficulty, but the whisk seems to break it up very easily.

5. It is easy to clean -- I keep mine at my office where I don't have a dishwasher, so I wash it by hand between uses -- and because the lines are clean and because it is fairly wide at the opening, I can reach in there with a sponge and really get it clean.

If you are in the market for a shaker bottle I can't imagine you'll find one better than this one.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]