23 of 28 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Columbia Women's Arcadia Rain Jacket (Apparel)
I work outdoors everyday, and this raincoat has made it through a full year (all four seasons) with me and I still feel like it has years of wear left. I've used this jacket for regular wear, on backpacking trips, during a rainy summer, in addition to wearing it as a shell in the fall/winter paired with a wool or down layer for both regular wear and downhill skiing.
Thinks I like about it:
- Bright colors, I own this in "Oceanic," which is a lovely bright mint green like color.
- Mesh lining adds breathability to what can sometimes be a sticky situation.
- Hood is big enough with a brim that I'm not left in the rain when I wear my hair up.
- Large size has long enough sleeves and back panel for my 5'10" self.
- Lining on inside of zipper near mouth allows you to comfortably seal out the wet/cold.
On the negative side, I'm hard pressed to come up with something to improve about it. Mine has gotten somewhat dingy over the year I've had it but it has gotten some tough love from me. Overall this is an excellent no frills rain jacket. It performs excellent as a lightweight waterproof shell when you need it and you can fit in some extra uses when you need it.
(On sizing: I am 5'10" and usually feel like I'm awkwardly between sizes M/L in sports wear. I have a size large and it fits loose enough that I still feel comfortable when I pair a heavy wool sweater with it.)