2.0 out of 5 stars Ended up not using anything but the shell and the keyboard protector, August 20, 2013
This review is from: TopCase New Macbook Pro 13" 13 inch with Retina Display A1425 and A1502 (NEWEST VERSION 2013) 4 in 1 Bundle - Turqoise Blue Rubberized Hard Case Cover + Matching Color Soft Sleeve Bag + Silicone Keyboard Cover + LCD HD Clear Screen Protector with TopCase Mouse Pad (Electronics)
Shell/Case:
The package shipped out fairly quickly, yes. But the bottom half of the shell case was smashed in the corner when I first got it, so I wrote to the company/seller and asked for a replacement. They were kind about it and sent me a replacement right away, but that too was a little deformed. The bottom half, bottom left corner slightly sticks out when I put it on my laptop (13" rMBP), and I know its not supposed to be like that because the other corner doesn't do the same. I've been trying to mold/force its way back so that its tight up against the side of my laptop, but it'll take some more time (I think it's working).
EDIT: barely 2 weeks into using the case and the bottom already started to chip and crack. ITS TERRIBLE and HIDEOUS. I am very careful with my laptop, and I always use a cushioned carrying case. I don't know how this could have happened but it makes me wish i just spent a little more money on a better shell without all these extras.

Screen Protector:
I can't say much about this because I won't be using it on my rMBP. I don't want to lower the screen quality of such a beautiful laptop (for which a main incentive of buying was the screen quality). It doesnt seem like the screen protector is of any higher quality than the ones I buy on ebay for like $2 for 5 (which I use on my phone, since I have to touch and smudge the screen all the time). I think my macbook will be safe without it.

Carrying Case:
I definitely notice the smell that others were referring to before, and while it is kind of gross, I don't really have anything against it since it'll most likely go away with time. I would be using this case but it seems to provide minimal protection, and I found another case that I like much better, so I've been using the other case. While it was my choice to get the light minty-aqua color, I feel like the carrying case itself will get dirty really easily (although its really pretty). It does seem to work still if you reverse it to the black color, if that helps anyone.

Keyboard protector:
I despise typing with a keyboard protector on my laptop because I think it ruins the aesthetics overall, but I am a little OCD at times, and especially on such an expensive laptop, I would like to keep it in pristine condition. I have been using the keyboard protector since I got received it, but it definitely ruins the typing experience. It is a lot harder to type and since I type really quickly, sometimes it doesn't register all the way and misses some of what I'm typing so I have to go back and fix it. It also requires a lot more effort to press down on the keys to type and my arms get tired more easily.

Overall:
I'd say it's a decent price for a decent product. I ended up not using anything except the shell case and the keyboard protector, which I am still debating if I even want to keep (it might just be easier to clean my keyboard more consistently and not put any liquids or crumbs within its proximity). I'd say if you were looking for an outer shell case anyways, this is an okay buy because it comes with other things, but if you know you aren't going to use any of it, I do believe there is another product from the same seller with just the case for around $10-11. It's much cheaper than buying a speck shell for your laptop, and I'm sure it'll work just as well.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]